• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JFarrell96
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2019

Some advice please??

Hello my names Jordan Farrell, I apologise In advance and I’m so sorry to people with or know people with MND, I have been suffering with symptoms that have been relatively scary as I am only 23 years old, I have what feels like like heaviness/weakness in my legs, swallowing difficulties, breathing difficulties (feels like I’m not getting enough air) from breathing in through my nose, now I feel talking I’m stuttering and mumbling words at times, I’m really scared and panicking, I do apologise in advance
    Last edited by JFarrell96; 18 November 2019, 11:35.
  • MNDConnect
    Forum Moderator
    • Mar 2016

Hi Jordan,

I am very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these symptoms that are concerning you.

I believe you have just had a telephone conversation at length with my colleague Andrea. I do hope this was helpful.

As Andrea explained, there are lots of things that could be causing the symptoms that you are having and we would always advise anyone that is experiencing unusual symptoms to consult their GP. If you are worried and scared, then it may be worth asking your GP for a referral to a neurologist even if it's just for your own peace of mind and for reassurance.

Kind regards,
    Prachi
    MND Connect
    Contact us on 0808 802 6262 or at [email protected]

Comment

• JFarrell96
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2019

Thank you for your reply I appreciate the work yourself and your team do to help everyone suffering with MND, Andrea was very lovely and listened to my problems and went into depth conversation with me about my symptoms and offered her opinion I really appreciated that so much! I know MND is very rare in the common age affected let alone my age, I know at my age I shouldn’t be thinking these things and the worst thing I could have possibly done was google my symptoms since then I’ve became even more scared and worried

Comment

Working...
      X