Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MND Symptoms

I think only ballet dancers can balance on their heels
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hello Bretange,
    I was so sorry to hear of your recent health problems. Many healthy people experience muscle twitching, and these are not usually a cause for concern. Often this symptom can be caused by or exacerbated by stress, lack of sleep and caffeine consumption. With regards to the pain and weakness in your bicep you experienced after prolonged clapping or when carry things, - again this is not something that we would associate with an MND diagnosis.
    I do hope that your GP is being supportive of you and that you are seeking help for your health anxieties.
    Regards
    Ruth

Forum Member
    Hi Ruth

Thank you for your reply, like others that have replied to me it means a lot.

Appreciate you taking the time out to put my mind at rest.

Stuart

Forum Member
    Good evening all. I've been to the GPs today and thought I'd give you an update.

All my bloods came back good, which I thought would be a worry but after another examination my DR said it's very unlikely it is MND as I show no other signs other than Fasciculations.

The weakness I've felt isn't clinical so I've been told a neurologist is not necessary.

The fasciculations could be benign or caused my anxiety, caffeine or the gym work (which I started a few month's ago).

Was told if I do start feeling any Weakness then to go back but to take away any anixety and enjoy Christmas and the New Year.

Can I take this opportunity to thank all who read and replied to me and wish you all the best going forward.

Thank You

Stuart

Thanks for taking the time to update us Stuart.

I hope you can focus on your wellbeing now - make sure you're well hydrated, eat well, sleep well and get fresh air.

Treat yourself too - doesn't need to be an expensive Spa Day - buy that jumper you had your eye on, go to a movie, meet your friends or whatever. Remember, you're worth it !!!!

Wishing you all the best.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Thank you Stuart for taking the time to let us know. It's good that your GP is supportive.

Take care of yourself and enjoy Christmas and new year.

Love Debbie x