Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doddie Weir

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Onein300 View Post
    As neurones degenerate we believe that new connections can build from local surviving neurones. This is called collateral sprouting. Eventually they will run out and it canít occur. But I have no doubt you need to keep moving and if you exercise as much as you can, it helps. Can it reverse? I donít believe so in a typical case.

The consensus now is that exercise helps maintain us well as you possibly can. The old advice about not exercising is now way out of date. There have been exercise trials and the rate of progression decline has shown to be reduced
    Thank you for that and for introducing me to the term "collateral sprouting"!

Do you have any references to the exercise trials that reduce the rate of progression?
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Hi all,

For those who missed the interview with Doddie, Rob and Stephen today hereís the link.
    https://youtu.be/SnZQms-KAGI

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Thanks Barry