• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

Hi there,,

Think that most of my neck and upper back shoulder pain is from inactivity causing the MND to progress. Poor sitting positions don't help.

No news on getting out of here.

Can't use machines much as bending my neck hurts.
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• ccinjersey

Hi Terry

Wishing you the very best. I hope your getting the proper care you need there, and hoping you will be home soon.

CC xox

Comment

• shrew
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2018

Hoping you will be home soon Terry x

Comment

• Hi Terry,

Pull yourself together man. That's an order. Its only MND.

A tad of whisky in the hospital brew helps ease it down.

We're all behind you lad.

Love Graham

Comment

• Terry
            Forum Member
            • May 2012

Thanks for the messages,

Don't drink whisky but have got a few beers in.

Should be out Monday and if will be nice to see what I can still do.

Love Terry
            TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• nunhead_man
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2017

Good afternoon Terry

That is very good news - and I'm sure there will be lots you can do!
              Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

• Lynne K
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2017

Smashing that you expect to be out Monday Terry, at last, Lynne
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2018

Dear Terry,

Great news that you should be discharged from hospital on Monday. Hopefully, only 2 more sleeps (apart from any afternoon cat-naps) to go until home-time!

I expect you are ready to get back to TC's home comforts - despite the cooked breakfasts in bed every morning and all that TLC from the female nurses (and, of course, despite Graham's rather cheeky suggestion, I am sure you are always the purrrfect gentleman!).

I am eagerly waiting to see if Top Cat will be returning to the forum - maybe after you get home and have had time to get settled in and also had a chance to hang up your Santa's hat.

I guess you are finding the hat very handy for pulling over your ears while you are in hospital (eg. due to any visitors who waffle on too much, any loud snorers on your ward, or any loud noises that men sometimes let out after eating too much rich food. LOL).

I expect your family & friends are looking forward to seeing you again very soon - including the dancing lady at your local gym & the coffee shop girls (who I understand have been keeping TCs extra portions of cream very safe and away from other paws) ...

... and as 14th February is approaching, TC (aka The Charmer) will be even more popular!!

Anyway, I will take notice of some very good advice you once offered me ("less is more Kayleigh") by putting my waffling on paws for a little while and also putting my paws on pause for a short kitty-nap.

Sending you love and hugs.
                  from your crackers friend, Kitty Kayleigh xx
                  Last edited by Kayleigh; 18 January 2020, 15:34.

Comment

• It does knock the stuffin' out of us but a bit of tlc will sort it. Chess and beer 4 now.

Love Graham

Comment

• Terry
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2012

I'm home,

Very stressful, especially for the wife.

Lost over three kilo, and a lot of movement. In pain.

Many of the staff came in and kissed me, including the male cook.

Lot's of nice people but my stay could have been used to get me moving instead of just sitting in a uncomfortable place. Seams like Mnd people are just written off and other people get the help.

Hope I sleep tonight, carers coming at nine.

Love Terry

Comment

• Ellie
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2012

Well you're home at least - your own bed and chairs, and a female cook to kiss.

Sorry you're still in pain - any hope of a community physio visiting you?

Best of luck with the carer later.

Love Ellie.
                        ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                        Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Boiler68
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2018

Very pleased to hear you are home Terry and able to get on with life. Your posts have been missed. Need to work on putting some weight back on to build up your strength...with very best wishes to you and your wife.

Boiler x

Comment

• Barry52
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2012

Great to hear that you are home at last Terry and you now have creature comforts such as internet and a good lady to look after you. I hope you get back to “normal” and can spend some time with granddad.

Love,
                            Barry
                            I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Terry
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2012

Carer's seem to be good and nice. Believe I have the same two six days a week. They are not English but I have quite often found that they pick up on things like my sort of sign language better and look at your eyes etc for clues.

My wife took my shoes off on the recliner and later my pains went away.

Felt a little stronger and not so much pains so hope that rest and more movement will help with things tomorrow. I am optimistic.

Sorry for such dismal posts and hope to catch up with things. I was so sad to read about Dina's passing, she was my hero. Didn't moan like me over a little back pain.

Love Terry

Community physio, you must come from planet Zoog, Chimp.

Comment

• Lynne K
                                Forum Member
                                • Nov 2017

Glad that you are home and you are in less pain Terry. Lynne
                                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
                                X