Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry

Hi Terry,

Very glad to hear from you again Terry. I miss your cheeky smile, if it doesn't pop up on the forum every day - but with no Internet at the hospital, I will let you off!

Cooked breakfast sounds good - and next time they bring the drinks trolley round, say that your doctor has prescribed Guinness for you (as it contains vitamin b and iron, which might help you to feel less tired).

I hope the Costas there serves coffee just the way you like it (ie with extra portions of cream).

Not long now until you are back home - which is great news! I expect you are looking forward to getting back to your home comforts - and has the doctor prescribed cooked breakfast in bed for you every day?

Very best wishes to you and your family.

Love and hugs
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 1st January 2020 at 17:29.

Afraid I got a bug from here so I'm sick now, also have strained muscles in lower back neck muscles and shoulders.

Can't eat much but if I don't I will be in main hospital.

Looks like I'm stuck here for at least a week but more

Love Terry

Oh my dear Terry.

Not only was your Christmas spoiled but New Year hasn’t got off to a good start for you. I suspect your dear wife is run ragged back and forth to visit you. I hope they are giving you food that you can manage although I understand you will have lost your appetite.

I pray that you will shake off the virus soon and get back home where you belong. How are you passing the time? Let me know if I can send you a book or magazine.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Sorry to hear this news Terry.

That's the thing with hospital environments so many viruses lurking around its so easy to pick up one. Hope you're getting the proper care you need. Also hope you can try and force yourself to eat as much as you can, you need strength to fight this off and get home. I hope your wife is managing ok.

A shame you don't have internet service it must make the days even longer being in a hospital, we could have played a few games of chess I might even have let you beat me, you know for old times sake lol

Thinking of you and feel better soon

Much love
    CC xoxo

So sorry to hear you are still in hospital Terry and sorry you also have a nasty bug to deal with as well.

I hope the doctors are able to provide some effective painkillers. Also, as you are not able to eat much, have you been provided with some Fortisip drinks?

If possible, please try to keep your strength up by having some snacks (as well as keeping hydrated and eating as much as you can manage at mealtimes).

I hope you feel much better very soon.

Love and hugs,
    Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    Sorry to hear your not too well Terry, I hope you feel alot better soon. So many bugs about at the moment.
    Love Sheila

They have released me from isolation and felt quite well this morning. Gone down hill since lunch although I have been resting.

Planned release Friday if carers are in place.

Feeling tired.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Hope you escape as soon as you are well enough

I'm sorry about the virus you caught from the hospital Terry. It's a worry now for whenever I go into hospital which happens every now and again for non MND reasons. It sounds like you need to build up some strength and energy reserves since you felt ok this morning and went downhill afterwards. I'm glad that you seem to be on the mend and hope that the plan to discharge you Friday works out with your carers. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 6th January 2020 at 16:53.
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

I’ve been thinking of you Terry and how bored you must be. I thought it might be a good idea to make a playlist of the music you posted on the wonderful thread started by Big Gee aka Graham. This is an eclectic mix with a few oddballs but it may pass the time. I know you have patchy or no internet but maybe someone can download it for you.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...HvTJwmW5OsG1Zw

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!