Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello and I need advice please

Good evening Hettie

I have nothing practical to add to what is being suggested above just wanted to offer my welcome to the forum - which has may already been said is not a place anybody really wants to be.

I hope you can do some practical things to make yourself more comfortable - my view is the more comfortable I am the longer I will be able to go on
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Forum Member
    Hello Andy, thanks for your reply, I am struggling as to whether to take the riluzole or not because the tablets make me feel so weak and light headed but if i don't take them my legs start to buckle underneath me and i fall down.
    I feel as though I can't win.
    I have a walker but I still feel the weakness in my legs and I have leave before my legs give way

regards,

Hettie

Good morning Hettie

Quote Originally Posted by hettie View Post
    I am struggling as to whether to take the riluzole or not because the tablets make me feel so weak and light headed but if i don't take them my legs start to buckle underneath me and i fall down
    I hear what you say but I'm interested in the side effects you attribute to riluzole - partly because I get no such side effects which makes me wonder if something else is going on?

Perhaps somebody who knows more about these things will be along in a minute to say something.

About walking aids et cetera I think people should use what they need and not worry about the implications - a fall or a trip might suddenly make you much worse.
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Hello Hettie,

The patient information leaflet about Riluzole lists possible side effects and recommends we speak to our Doctor if we experience any symptoms that could be side effects.

http://https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8572.pdf

Best wishes
    Kayleigh