• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicky86
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2018

Configura chair like new free for collection

Hello,

My father recently passed away but had received this chair funded by the MNDA. As he was in & out of hospital over the past few months he only used it for around 3 weeks and it is like brand new - no marks, stains or wear & tear.

It is great for someone with MND- reclines & moves in a safe & supportive way. User is able to relieve pressure using remote controls easily. My dad said it was the comfiest chair he’d had - he was completely immobile (arms and legs affected by mnd).

MNDA have said they don’t take the chairs back and we only paid for delivery and collection (approx £130). Association kindly funded the chair.

I would like someone else with MND to get the benefit of this chair and not have to wait for months for social services etc to identify that this would be of use - my dad had to wait so long for that stage that he suffered unnecessarily including falling from an unsuitable recliner chair that was previously provided before this one.

If anybody would like this chair please contact me - chair is free I just want someone to get use and benefit from this as I know how life changing it was even for a few weeks for my dad.

Collection would be needed from Tameside, M34.

Thank you - details below - the chair I have is cream and beige (not black cushion) - compared to most chairs for disabled users it is actually very trendy looking and fits well in the living room, doesn’t appear medical like other provided chairs.

Our adjustable recliner chairs cater to various sizes, pressure care, and posture needs, offering versatility and recyclability.

• Lynne K
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2017

I'm sorry for your loss Vicky, Lynne (in M26, Radcliffe)
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Terry
      Forum Member
      • May 2012

Hi vicky,

Sorry to hear about your father's passing but so pleased that you have offered the chair here

I have been fortunate enough to get one but others might not be so very lucky.

It would be handy to know his height etc. Also if it is a one or two motor one.

Love Terry
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Vicky86
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2018

I hope someone on here can get some use from it

It is the same chair as on the link

My dad was approx 6ft tall

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

Thanks Vicky;

If anyone who has Mnd and is not a member of the forum than you can join or contact the Mnda and get them to contact me or Vicky.

Love Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Nettie
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2019

So sorry for your loss �� could I please be considered for this chair I’m in the Tameside area x
            Janette x

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
              Forum Member
              • May 2017

Hi Vicky

In view of Nettie's interest and her proximity to you, please ignore my earlier PM and give her priority if the chair is still available.

Doug
              Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Terry
                Forum Member
                • May 2012

Hi Nettie and welcome to the forum,

Can you tell us a little bit about your involvement with Mnd. No need if you don't want to but it's always nice to know a little bit about your situation.

Love Terry

Comment

• Nettie
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                  Hi Nettie and welcome to the forum,

Can you tell us a little bit about your involvement with Mnd. No need if you don't want to but it's always nice to know a little bit about your situation.

Love Terry
                  Hi Terry, I was diagnosed in September Bulbar onset, I use Niv at night, just recently started with with foot drop also bad hip, I struggle eating had a Peg fitted in December not had to use it as yet as I don’t like to give in too easily. Thanks Janette x
                  Janette x

Comment

• Terry
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2012

Hi Janette,

I have had a PEG for about five years and have have found it useful for hydration when rough. Keep eating but maybe have easier to eat meals and smaller ones more often.

Don't tire yourself out eating, you can still eat some of the things you like and supplement using the peg.

Love Terry

Comment

• Sheila
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2019

Hi nettie and welcome. I had a peg fifitted in December, but I am using it twice a day. I have trouble eating.
                      Sheila x

Comment

• Nettie
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2019

Hi Terry, it is so exhausting to eat sometimes but enjoy taste, but on days like today when I bite my tongue when sneezing it’s so painful will have a word with dietician about supplements thanks love Janette
                        Janette x

Comment

• Nettie
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2019

Hi Sheila, had mine in Dec took about 5/6 weeks to feel ok after was awful how was yours? Sustaining weight at moment so not too worried but it’s there now waiting lol x
                          Janette x

Comment

• Terry
                            Forum Member
                            • May 2012

Hi Nettie,

Bitting your lips and tongue is one of the pleasures of Mnd, especially when sneezing. I do manage to close my teeth before a sneeze sometimes which can work.

If you getting tired when eating you are more likely to make mistakes.

See your dietitian to get some back up and have smaller portions and enjoy your food. Sometimes having smaller amounts of hot food is less dounting and then maybe have seconds that are reheated.

Love Terry

Comment

• Nettie
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2019

Thanks for the advice Terry love janette x
                              Janette x

Comment

Working...
                              X