Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Configura chair like new free for collection

Forum Member
    Hi nettie and welcome. I had a peg fifitted in December, but I am using it twice a day. I have trouble eating.
    Sheila x

Forum Member
    Hi Terry, it is so exhausting to eat sometimes but enjoy taste, but on days like today when I bite my tongue when sneezing itís so painful will have a word with dietician about supplements thanks love Janette

Forum Member
    Hi Sheila, had mine in Dec took about 5/6 weeks to feel ok after was awful how was yours? Sustaining weight at moment so not too worried but it’s there now waiting lol x

Hi Nettie,

Bitting your lips and tongue is one of the pleasures of Mnd, especially when sneezing. I do manage to close my teeth before a sneeze sometimes which can work.

If you getting tired when eating you are more likely to make mistakes.

See your dietitian to get some back up and have smaller portions and enjoy your food. Sometimes having smaller amounts of hot food is less dounting and then maybe have seconds that are reheated.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Thanks for the advice Terry love janette x

Welcome to the Forum, Janette.

I see Terry has lectured you already about eating safely, so I won't have to

I still eat what I can safely enjoy and use my feeding tube for my main nutrition and almost all my fluid intake.

Just because you have a tube doesn't stop you from doing a "Pick n Mix" Woolies special on how you get your calories and fluids!!

Has your tube site fully healed now and is behaving?

Take care.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Welcome to the Forum, Janette.

I see Terry has lectured you already about eating safely, so I won't have to

I still eat what I can safely enjoy and use my feeding tube for my main nutrition and almost all my fluid intake.

Just because you have a tube doesn't stop you from doing a "Pick n Mix" Woolies special on how you get your calories and fluids!!

Has your tube site fully healed now and is behaving?

Take care.

Love Ellie.
    Hi Ellie, Iíve adapted my way of eating quite well, just get bad days now and again, yeah my tube fully healed now it took its time though Iím not sure if itís because they discovered hiatus hernia while they were doing the procedure love janette

Forum Member
    Hi janette,
    Yes, it took a while to get use to the peg. Should of had it done earlier really, as I lost quite a Bit of weight. Which is proving hard to put back on.
    Love Sheila

Forum Member
    Hi nettie will send u a message now thanks x

Forum Member
    Hi nettie sorry I canít work out to message you