• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hettie
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2019

riluzole

I was diagnosed with mnd in october 19 and was prescribed riluzole and i feel ill all the time, i feel, weakness, tired all the time, i am continuing to fall over, dizzy all the time, spinning, reaching/gagging constipation, I can't go out any more in fear of falling over. I have no quality of life at all
    I also read that it only gives you an extra 2/3 months at most, is it worth it.

I feel so ill all the time.

any advice please.

hetti.
  • Ellie
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2012

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful, Hettie.

No, if all those side effects are down to taking Riluzole, then it is not worth taking, especially if it's impacting on your confidence and quality of life so much.

Perhaps discuss taking a break of a few weeks from it with your doctor and see if you improve. Balance issues are common with MND, so you need to stay safe when walking.

Best wishes.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Onein300
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
      I'm sorry you're feeling so awful, Hettie.

No, if all those side effects are down to taking Riluzole, then it is not worth taking, especially if it's impacting on your confidence and quality of life so much.

Perhaps discuss taking a break of a few weeks from it with your doctor and see if you improve. Balance issues are common with MND, so you need to stay safe when walking.

Best wishes.

Love Ellie.
      Yes taking a break is the best response. It is a long term drug anyway, so a couple of weeks out won’t harm. It might be coincidence as well and not down to a Riluzole.

Comment

• hettie
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2019

Thanks for your reply ellie, I see my consultant on 4th feb this year and I am taking only 1 instead of 2 to see if this helps.
        I don't think I have ever felt this ill before,

hettie

Comment

• hettie
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2019

Thanks for your reply Onein300 and I see my consultant in feb and yes it might be just a coincidence.

hettie

Comment

Working...
          X