• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tangly
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2020

Diagnosis last week, mum dying now

I don't even know what to say or if I've got the strength to write.

Mum was diagnosed with bulbar onset MND last Tuesday and by Thursday morning was in the hospice. (Long story why diagnosis was delayed).

She's in the final stages of life now and I cannot deal with it.

My lovely, lovely mum. Best in the world. I am beyond heartbroken.

I love you mum.
  • shrew
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2018

I am so sorry to hear this xx

Comment

• Kayleigh
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2018

I'm so sorry about your mum. You are obviously very close and it must have been such a terrible shock to hear such heartbreaking news.

The hospice will be making sure that your mum is looked after very well. The staff there will ensure she is not in pain and she is as comfortable as possible.

I hope you are able to spend a lot of time with your mum at the hospice and I hope you have lots of support from loved ones and friends.

Thinking of you and your mum.
      Love
      Kayleigh x

Comment

• Lynne K
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2017

Oh Tangly, so sorry for what appears to be a fast decline of your lovely mum. I hear the courage that it took to join our forums and post a message. I hope that you find the support that you need. We stand (or sit) with you on this horrid journey. It must have been a terrible shock for you, your mum and any other loved ones.

I hope that the hospice your mum is in understands MND fully and so she gets all the support that she needs, and that they are there for you. I send you electronic hugs and love, Lynne
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• LesleyJ
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2019

Sending love to you, how absolutely horrendous. keep strong for your Mum x

Comment

• Tangly
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2020

Thank you all. Yes, she is being looked after well.

Mum was able to use a letter board I'd made her to say I love you to me this afternoon.

I cannot imagine life without her. She is my world and the kindest person I have ever known.

I can't stand people saying things like all life comes to an end, you wouldn't want her to suffer any more (as the neurologist said), and things like that.

She is my mum and maybe one day I will be able to have those more philosophical thoughts but right now the pain is overwhelming and I can't see a way through it.

Comment

• nunhead_man
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2017

Good morning Tangly,

That communication from your Mum must have helped you quite a lot I guess?

And I understand what you're saying about people saying what they think is kind but in fact simply winds you up.

And you have my appreciation for your perception about the beginnings of the process you're starting.

I hope you have been able to make some memories (pictures? Videos?) with your mum so that you can look back and see the lovely person that she was and how great was your relationship?
              Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

• Deb
                Forum Member
                • May 2018

Hi Tangly,

I am so very sorry for the terrible shock and heartbreak of your mum's diagnosis and rapid decline.

It sounds like you have a wonderful, close and loving relationship. I hope you are supported by friends and family too.

Thinking of you both,
                Love Debbie x

Comment

Working...
                X