Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So tired

ccinjersey
    Hi Terry

Hope you can get the proper care you need, and quickly.

Big hugs and much love sent your way xoxo

Hi Terry,

I hope the painkillers the GP prescribed work well and you don't have to wait very long to have your first physio appointment.

I hope you get a good nights sleep and hopefully you can have a pain-free trip out with Grandad tomorrow.
    I hope it won't be raining again tomorrow but if it is there's always Costa's!

You always bring a ray of sunshine to the forum and I wish there was something I could do to brighten your day and take your pain away.

Sending you lots of love and get well soon hugs. Please give Grandad a hug from me - but only if your back is up to it!

Love
    Kayleigh x

Hi Terry,

I hope you are up to going out with “granddad” today. Beautiful sunrise here this morning and I expect it is the same in Suffolk. Enjoy your day and give my best wishes to Richard.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

I got my days mixed up which is just as well as I had a terrible night;

Hope tomorrow is nice and sunny as well.

Love Terry

Hi Terry,
    I hope last night was a much better night for you and you managed to get some sleep.

Love,
    Kayleigh x

Yes, sleeped quite well and been out today. Have quite a lot of pain in neck and shoulders and my arm movements and strength is poor.

Can't see myself improving and see a nursing home very near. I don't think that could do a nursing home but hopefully I feel some strength and not so much pain.

Sorry, love Terry

Terry, am I reading you correctly in that you may be going into a nursing home???

Glad you slept better and got out today.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Ellie,

I have been very affected by everything recently, so much so that I can see a daily decline in my abilities.

I will have to be feed soon as my fully functioning arms at the beginning of November work less and less.

I guess that I should man up but I don't think that my wife can cope with hoisting etc.

I don't plan to go into a nursing home but I don't think that I can take anymore.

What a wimp.

Love Terry

Hi Terry,

You are not a wimp and you have been fighting this disease for over 8 years. I’m not surprised you are feeling down following your recent hospital stay. Please don’t give up yet as you have always been encouraging to other members here. We know from comments on this forum that care homes are ill equipped to deal with MND but I understand you are thinking about how your wife is coping.

Is it possible to get some care in your home? You may find this a better solution in the medium term.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Good morning Terry

I'm sorry to hear you sounding so dispirited.

My two pennies worth is that modern floorstanding hoists are quite easy to work if you have the space and somebody is trained to use them - it does not take long.

I remember using one for my father-in-law who had Multiple Sclerosis and him laughing and chuckling as we swung him from his wheelchair into his shower and vice versa - he'd been a great aficionado of Ferris wheels et cetera in his youth
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"