• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wailywoo
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2019

Private messages

Hi,

I have been messaging privately with Shrew and it appears we are only allowed to save so many private messages. I received a PM from Shrew and can’t reply until some messages have been deleted. Sorry to use this forum to sent this, but couldn’t think of another way to let Shrew know....

Wailywoo x
    Never take tomorrow for granted!
  • Doug Carpenter
    Forum Member
    • May 2017

Don't worry Wallywoo.

It's easy not to notice how quickly we can build up to the limit of 50 messages in our boxes.

Don't forget, you can export them and save them if you want to before your delete them

Doug
    Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Terry
      Forum Member
      • May 2012

Hi Wailywoo,

Do you know how to delete messages?

I normally delete messages and then send a PM to the person saying sorry and I have more room

Love Terry
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Ellie
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2012

If you're replying back and forth in the same PM, usually you need only keep the latest 'Sent' version.

Messages have stored history - to see it click on 'View History' under the text box. See picture below, I've circled it in red (or kind of did, it's hard to with eye gaze )

PM View History.jpg

Love Ellie.
        ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• shrew
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2018

ive deleted some now!

Comment

• Wailywoo
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2019

Thank you for all your replies. Much appreciated.

Wailywoo x

Comment

• Kayleigh
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2018

Hello Wailywoo and Shrew,

I hope you are both well.

Love and best wishes,
              Kayleigh x

Comment

• shrew
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2018

Thanks everyone, rubbish with technology. Trying to take a day at a time Kayleigh, love and best wishes to everyone on here for all your support xx

Comment

• Wailywoo
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Kayleigh View Post
                  Hello Wailywoo and Shrew,

I hope you are both well.

Love and best wishes,
                  Kayleigh x
                  Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for asking. I am on a ****************** at the moment, but just taking one day at a time. It seems to be hanging around this time. I'm usually so strong, but struggling at the moment. Hoping things will ease with the passage of time. They haven't so far - nearly 4 months now. It is such an awful disease. Nobody deserves to go through it!

I still come on here to have a look what's going on and am always shocked to see more new people logging on. I was so sad to read about Dina. I sobbed. She seemed such a lovely person, as do you all.

With love and hugs to you all.

Stay strong,

Wailywoo x

Comment

• Kayleigh
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2018

Dear Shrew and Wailywoo,

You are both often in my thoughts and were especially at Christmas, which must have been a particularly difficult time.

Every day I think about Dina and everyone in this forum family who are sadly no longer with us, including your lovely husbands.

I am inspired by your husbands' fighting spirit and bravery and I try to be as brave as they were - but I am taking one day at a time, as I don't I have enough strength to do more than that.

Life can be too cruel sometimes. I wish a cure could be found quickly so that MND can be stopped in its cruel and relentless path of destruction.

Life must be extremely difficult without your beloved husbands. I don't have experience of what you are both going through but I hope that, in time, the extreme pain of your loss will ease considerably.

Mick and Mr Wailywoo would be very proud of you both for continuing to help each other get through such a difficult time in your lives. I hope that by you both keeping in contact with each other it helps in some way, as you both have an empathy and understanding of how difficult your grief is to cope with.

It is always lovely to hear from you both. Please stay in touch with us on the forum, if you would like to.

Sending you both lots of love and hugs,

Kayleigh x
                    Last edited by Kayleigh; 29 January 2020, 21:38.

Comment

• shrew
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2018

Thanks Kayleigh Ellie and every single person on here fighting this cruel disease. Life is very difficult. I hope each day for a cure for you all. The disease seems to be rife around here, I seem to hear of more and more people affected. God Bless you all, keep fighting xx

Comment

• myrtle1990
                        Forum Member
                        • Feb 2020

Good morning here!
                        Who is from Washington?
                        Feel free to contact me via PM.

Comment

• Barry52
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2012

Hi Myrtle and welcome to the forum.

I see from one of your posts you have kindly offered a beach wheelchair. Most of our forum family are British. We do have a member from New Jersey who is pals with a cool cat from Suffolk and a cheeky monkey from Ireland.

May I ask what is your connection with MND/ALS?

Best wishes,
                          Barry
                          I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Working...
                          X