Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She's Gone

She's Gone

My Gran passed away yesterday afternoon at 3:55pm.
    I was at work and received a phone call at 3:45pm to say that her breathing had deteriorated quite suddenly. I raced over there, but I was 5 minutes too late.
    Her sister, brother and Mum (who is 102 today) were there with her when she passed, holding her hand. They told me it was very peaceful and she just calmly slipped away. I am so grateful that she wasn't alone and that it was as gentle as it could have been for her.
    I am also grateful that, right until the end, she was able to write what she wanted to say and she didn't go too long without food and water.
    Thank you all for everything- all the advice and support you have given me over the last year has been invaluable. I would not have coped without this forum.

Love and hugs to you all <3
    Every single one of you are warriors

xx
    "This, too, shall pass"

Good morning Chrissie

Thank you for letting us know and thank you for your appreciation of us.

May we appreciate you for your strength and fortitude?

Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Hello Chrissie,

I’m very sorry to hear that your gran has departed this world. You can now look back on happy memories in the knowledge that you were a supportive granddaughter dealing admirably with a difficult situation.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Christine;

Please to hear that gran slid away peacefully.

Although you probably don't think so, you have been heroic through the whole situation in trying to find ways to improve her situation.

Love Terry

Thank you for letting us know, Chrissie. My heartfelt condolences go to you all.

I know I said it lots of times but I shall say it again - nobody could have done more for your beloved Gran than you did and she was so lucky to have had such a kind, loving, sensitive & generous young lady take care of her.

Look after yourself now.

RIP Gran.

Love and big hugs,
    Ellie xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    So sorry for your loss, sending love x

Forum Member
    Dear Chrissie,

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Gran. You were such a devoted and loving Grandaughter and your Gran was lucky to have you to care for her.

I hope you have love and support around you and that , in time, your happier memories will be of comfort to you,

Love Debbie x

Forum Member
    so so sorry to hear this Chrissie, thinking of you all at this sad and difficult time x

Forum Member
    So sorry to hear this Chrissie. Sending you & your family much love at this painful time.

Sarah xx

Thank you Chrissie for your post at this difficult time and your kind words. I'm sorry about your grans passing but at least as you explained she wasn't alone. Hugs, Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.