Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very worried by my symptoms

Forum Member
    Thx Ellie. Sat watching Ant and Dec feeling ache in both thumbs , rhs seems to be starting to replicate lhs symptoms.

Hope your right, yes aches and twitching are making me anxious and don’t want to hear the worst but no option I guess so will go gp soon.

Many thx

Quote Originally Posted by NigelA View Post
    Still not seen gp by the way , guess I should bit was intending to wait till some definite clinical weakness presents.
    You really should see your doctor, Nigel,

It could well be something else that is treatable.

Love Terry

Hi Nigel

I am sorry that this is concerning you. The symptoms that you describe do not sound typical of motor neurone disease (MND). They could be caused by many other things. I think whenever any symptom is causing concern, that it is wise to visit the GP, even if it is just for reassurance.

Please do feel free to give us a call if you'd like to discuss your concerns on 0808 802 6262 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.

Best Wishes

Rachel
    MND Connect Adviser

Forum Member
    Tried to see gp today but told they are only accepting emergency appointments today, never been told that before. . Will try again tomorrow. Meantime my left hand/thumb feels almost arthritic and doing the rapid finger test is slower, weaker and clumsy compared to the right. Shoulder/bicep also stiff/tight and pain/aches twisting to put my seat belt on. Will eventually post my outcome diagnosis and hope it helps others whatever it is. New symptom over last week is the repeated need to cough/clear my throat of phlegm - have had this on and off over last 12 months but has recently become much worse and constant now which has got me thinking again. Hoping it goes away and is coincidental , and not related to als in any way.