Thread: Nausea

Forum Member

Nausea

Good Morning Lovely People

A quickie

Nausea is something I could do without whilst trying to deal with all the other MND symptoms.
    Is there anything out there that helps to alleviate or just tone down the feelings of nausea?

Find something to enjoy today - it's there somewhere!!

Standardbeatz

Hi Standardbeatz,

Nausea is something we can do without, try eating things you like. Maybe speak to your dietitian.

Sunny still here and plan to go to costa's while it's still fairly safe.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Sorry you're having nausea, Standardbeatz - any idea what's causing it? Meds, food, constipation, hunger, dehydration etc?

You should definitely mention it to your GP, nurse or at clinic.

Hope you get it sorted soon as t's something you can do without

Best wishes.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Hello Standardbeatz,
    I had terrible time with nausea, Doctors where perplexed as to the cause, as I have bulbar palsy vomiting was especially distressing as my airway would spasm and it was terrifying, as there is no cause for my nausea they think itís the way Iím eating and getting lots of trapped air so they prescribed me Lanszoprizole (canít remember how to spell it) this protects the the lining of my stomach and touch wood no more Nausea or vomiting since January, do as Ellie suggests, get checked out for any problems firsts and get those sorted first, I know how horrible it is, I wish you luck in getting this controlled sooner rather than later, all the best x