Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Information

Hello Richard,

This news has deeply upset me however I am pleased to hear that Terry’s wife Linda was with him at the time. Words fail me at present but please pass on my condolences to Linda and the family. Your post will ensure that our forum family is advised of the passing of a friend who will be very much missed for his advice and support over many years.

R. I. P. Terry from a good friend.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

I'm so very sorry to hear about Terry's death. Terry has been a frequent poster on the forum for a long time and his posts have helped so many people. He was also always so concerned about the welfare of his forum friends and would let us know whenever he thought that someone needed our help.

Everyone here at MND Connect just wanted to pass on our condolences to Terry's family and friends. He will be very much missed.

Rachel
    MND Connect

Good afternoon

I'm also very sorry to hear of Terry's death - he was a great help to me over the years both in terms of cheering me up and give me useful information and so if possible please add my condolences to those of Barry and those above to Linda and her family
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

That is the saddest news to read Richard. Terry was the kindest of men – knowledgeable, helpful, empathetic and funny.

If there is anything positive to be found amongst the awful news, it might be, at least compared to the terrible stories we’re hearing about people dying alone in ICU beds, that Terry and Linda were able to spend his last hours peacefully together. Something we might all hope for.

RIP Terry.

Doug

Forum Member
    Terry was thoughtful and caring towards others, even letting us know in his final post on here that he would soon be passing away. He will not be replaced on the forum but hopefully we can follow his example of supporting others. Deepest condolences to “grandad” and his family.

Forum Member
    I am very saddened to hear that Terry has left us. He was always so helpful to members of the forum, particularly new ones who were going through the anguish of being diagnosed with mnd. He will be sorely missed. RIP Terry and thank you for all your kindness and support. Philip and Carol

I didn’t see the news about Terry’s passing until just now. What a shock. He was so helpful to all of us and always upbeat, so will be sorely missed. RIP Terry.
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    I have,just received this email from Waitrose. So presumably it’s because MND is now recognised? Or it could be my age (over 70)?

We’re writing to let you know that from today we are offering you priority access to both our home delivery and shop collection services.

This is because the Government has informed us you might find it easier to have your shopping delivered, or prepared for you in advance.

Hi Miranda,

I received the same email today so I guess that the government updated list has been sent to retailers. You may have received a letter from your GP confirming you are at extreme risk should you catch covid 19.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Also had the email.

Doug