Hi Billy106

You say don't trivialize, I say don't panic. I also stated that 'hopefully' with warmer weather this virus will go They same 'hope' the experts want to see. So before going on the attack 'understand' what is being said.

Good luck to you all, I wish you all the very best.

Stay safe and calm

CC xox

Unknown unknowns

There is evidence to suggest the coronavirus does particularly well in certain climates.

Some of the worst hit areas around the world -- from Wuhan, where the virus was first detected, to Iran, Italy and South Korea -- are on more or less the same latitude, with similar temperatures and relative humidity. Researchers at the University of Maryland (UM) have even used this data to attempt to map out other parts of the world that could be at risk of imminent outbreaks.

Though the research remains preliminary, data from the UM study suggests that certain climatic conditions, while not determining whether the virus can survive, may help accelerate its spread.

"In addition to having similar average temperature, humidity, and latitude profiles, (locations along latitude 30-50°N) also exhibit a commonality in that the timing of the outbreak coincides with a nadir in the yearly temperature cycle, and thus with relatively stable temperatures over a more than a one month period of time," the authors wrote.

Brittany Kmush, a public health expert at New York's Syracuse University, who was not involved in the UM study, said that "influenza and other coronaviruses that infect humans tend to follow a seasonality, with cases peaking in the winter months in the northern hemisphere. However, we don't know if this virus will follow a similar seasonality pattern