Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Information

Good afternoon

I've also tried to register - my breathing is not too bad at the moment but I am being very careful given I also have some suggestion troubles with my heart - and have not heard a dicky bird - not even email confirming that they've had my request.

Current government clearly has no experience of customer service!
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Forum Member
    HI Barry and Lynne, I registered too online and e mailed my MP but no replies, as yet, surprisingly!

Despite being a regular online customer we have had to wait two weeks for our Morrisons delivery and we cant get another one for three weeks. To get that my husband waited patiently until midnight when they had new slots. Luckily we have friends and family delivering supplies and prescriptions but I really feel for people who haven't because we are not registered as vulnerable... its unbelievable!

There are lots of very generous and kind people offering to help and local butchers and grocers are offering deliveries. So is our local wine shop, although I cant decide if this is an essential item !

Hope everyone stays safe and as well as possible,
    Love Debbie x

Hi Debbie,

Yes I find it amazing we can get wine delivered (I believe it’s essential to keep our spirits up) but I can’t get milk, bread and other essential food items. Fortunately I have a well stocked freezer and larder but I have no fruit or vegetables so my diet is protein rich.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

We have been lucky with online shopping.. I have always shopped online with Sainsbury’s in the last year because of Steve keep getting infections and not being able to get out. A few weeks ago I got an email to say we could get slots as being vulnerable. This was before registering on the government website. Don’t know how they know, maybe all the paper hankies and kitchen roll I buy to deal with secretions!! We have been able to get slots every week luckily. I’m just hope it doesn’t stop as they are going to use the list from the government to allot spaces and as yet we haven’t had any communication to say we are on it.

Sue

Forum Member
    we too are struggling with delivery or indeed collection slot. got a tesco collection for this week but thats it. we ordered a box of basics from "Farm to Fork", its great and was delivered in 2 days.

Forum Member
    Just received this email

Hello,

You registered as clinically extremely vulnerable, but had not received a letter from the NHS to confirm this. We’ll share your details with the NHS.

If the NHS defines you as clinically extremely vulnerable, the NHS will contact you. Your GP will be informed.

If you told us you need help getting food and supplies, but you are not on the clinically extremely vulnerable list, we’ll share your details with supermarkets. They may be able to help.

If you need support urgently, please contact your local authority.

For the latest information, visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

GOV.​UK coronavirus support

Online Supermarket Shopping

Given that home delivery slots are almost impossible to secure, consider trying to get a "Click & Collect" slot, which are marginally easier to get than home delivery.

I know someone needs to go fetch it but it's heaps better than queueing outside then risking the high risk in-store environment.

Also, don't forget to wash your hands after handling the crates and wipe all tinned products and packets, then wash your hands again!!

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Thanks for that update Miranda.

Stay safe.

Love Ellie.

Hi Miranda,

I received the same message via a text. It may have resulted from a phone call my wife made to my GP.

Ellie,

I tried the click and collect with Sainsburys and the first slot was 3 weeks away. If this situation continues for 12 weeks or more then we will be in trouble.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Oh wow, Barry - I hope you booked a slot for 3 weeks time?

And no harm to book future slots on an ongoing basis as soon as those dates are released - early bird catches the worm and all that! You can always cancel or change it if more become available or if supermarkets get access to 'the list' and you have priority access to slots.

Stay safe my friend.

Love Ellie.