Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Als

Forum Member
    Hi Puddy,

I am so sorry that Nigel's progression has been so swift. I am not a carer but I appreciate how utterly heartbreaking it must be to see your husband struggling. It's good you are able to laugh together so keep doing this whenever you can.

Take Care of yourself too and stay safe,
    Love Debbie x

Forum Member
    Dear Puddy,
    I completely understand what you are going through as Iím going through it too. My husband was diagnosed in May last year. He currently has little limb movement, using only 1 finger. At the minute his speech and swallow are starting to decline.

To enable us to get extra help we have had to move into my parents and I have had to leave my job and my friends.

Dealing with psychological toll of the disease on both of us has been awful. I try to cheer him up as much as possible. However inside Iv crumbled. I just canít stop thinking about the future and feel very alone.

Forum Member
    I feel your pain. What a horrible horrible illness. Everyday gets harder watching the person you love slowly getting worse. I am not the same person i was 8 months ago. My heart goes out to everyone who is going through this. Reading the posts on this forum helps me so much as I donít feel so alone. Love to you all. Xx

Thanks everyone. I'm sorry we're all going through this. I, too, think a lot of the future and what will happen.

Husband, Nigel, diagnosed with ALS in July 2019. We live in Spain and the medical care is superb. Nigel currently taking Riluzole. Tried acupuncture/Chinese medicine and bee venom (privately), but not helpful. Had stem cell therapy 6 months ago, but no improvement so far.