Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ivan

Hi Ivan, I’m sorry about Alisons diagnosis. I see that you’ve had good advice already so I won’t bore you. I’ve heard that people who have MND struggle to keep on weight. That isn’t my experience so far. I’ve put on lots of weight since my diagnosis (due to my good diet but loss of mobility) but I will keep my eye on it.

It’s good that Alison is still mobile. I hope that her dizziness is sorted out quickly so that she can enjoy her mobility while it’s still there.

Look after yourself, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Hi Ivan,

Sorry about your wife’s diagnosis, I agree with Doug about the calories drinks and puddings. Even though last
    year I was still eating quite normal amounts I lost a stone in weight and now with calorie drinks and having had a RIG tube fitted I’ve put most of it back on, feel fitter and better. I’m now back to an average weight I’ve been for the last 10 years. Had to laugh today when the nurse came to change the tube I’ve had 4 months and as I opened my shirt she said “blimey, you’ve put a load of weight on!"
    Weight and fat are so important to survive and fight this disease for as long as possible. By the end of last year I was struggling to get 1500 calories a day in due to the swallowing and eating difficulties that developed, now with the feed tube and some drinks I’m averaging 2200 calories a day.
    I was offered CBD but never tried it, just wasn’t sure.

Regards

David R