Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings All (New Boy on the Block)

Forum Member
    Hi Lyn, I’ve now found out that I can use my own voice on Proloquo4Go. I spoke to ModelTalker and they kindly sent me the files of all my recordings FOC which I can now give to Acapela who said they can set it up to be used on Proloquo4Go. Still working on it all. Proloque4Go is about £125 plus I think I’ll have to pay Acapela to set it up but I can then have a free trial for three months. If anyone can’t afford it then either your speech therapist might be able to arrange it or MNDA or I do know of another charity that are just raising money to help people with MND to finance needs including equipment.

Wow David that’s great. Please let me know how your voice works with Acapela and Prologue4Go, also how much Acapela charges you when you find out. Thanks, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Hi Lynne, Just thought I’d give you an update on the speech apps. I found out that Proloquo2Go also do an app called Proloquo4text which they can use your own voice on, to late for me to record again so I contacted ModelTalker and they very kindly sent me all my recordings (over 1600) from over a year ago, brilliant! So I now can send them to a company called Acapela who create “my own voice” to use with the Proloquo4text app. The app is so much better than Predictable and cheaper, also I managed to get the app free because of my position and the fact I told them I couldn’t really afford to risk downloading another app incase it didn’t work. The company who manage the app are called AssistiveWare and have been so helpful answering all my questions daily. I haven’t got my own voice sorted yet but feel confident they will make a good job of it. Modeltalker’s version was really not very good at all, almost embarrassing to use. Or it might be that predictable doesn’t produce the voice well? the Proloquo4text normal voices sound so much better and seem to flow nicer, well worth a look. I’ll update once I have it working.
    Regards David R