Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Riser recliner chair

Riser recliner chair

Has anyone used the "recliner factory" they supply riser recliner chairs direct from the factory, I was given a pride chair via my OT but it's just too small for me. When reclined my legs they hang over by 12" so I'm going to buy my own.

What worries me is they offer an in home demo and won't give any idea of prices, I don want to waste anyone's time.

John
    http://www.jaded-john.net

First onset Oct 2009, Dx'ed Oct 2010 at the age of 42

Forum Member
    Hi
    If i were arranging a home visit i would like to know the prices etc before so that i could be prepared if there was a hard sell.

If the one from the OT is not the right size then why not ask to be measured up again and get a different one? My mum was given a broken one and one that was too big, we mentioned it to them and asked for one the right size and in working order, and presto

best wishes
    luce

Batty
    Hi John, I think the MNDA do supply the riser recliner chairs, I've never had one but was offered one.
    Regards Mark

Forum Member
    Hi John

I wouldn't buy a recliner chair, they're very expensive. My husband's got one on loan from the MNDA. If I remember correctly he was referred for it by our OT. The 1st one was too big although he was measured for it (he's 6 feet tall but it's deceiving) but they had no problem in replacing with a smaller one. Great service.

Forum Member
    I also have one on loan from MNDA.

Hi John,you can, as has already been said maybe get one on loan from the MNDA I have one and I'm 6ft -2ins. but have found it to big as I have to put my wheelchair cushion behind my back to take up the gap as i find the seat is too long.This chair I believe came from Wales Chairs it was about 1300.The chair that is going to replace this is from Radcliffe Rehab I was measured for this it's about 1800 odd ex vat. I have a very good OT.who pleaded my case as I'm in a chair now for most of the time apart from the occasional outing.Anyway it's nice to see Luce back again,but I've not seen Chris on here lately or GDubber and the american lass, is everyone on holiday.Hope this is of use to you John. Regards Bob

Batty
    Had similar thoughts Robert, seems to be alot of regular members missing?
    Regards Mark

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    Had similar thoughts Robert, seems to be alot of regular members missing?
    Regards Mark
    If you're ever wondering or worried how someone is and they've not recently been on the forum, you can always click on their name... and if they have selected to allow it... you can send them an email which goes through to their email privately via the forum. Hope that helps.

Best Wishes,

Robyn

You can also see on the profile when they were last active which tells you if they are still taking an interest but just finding nothing to post about.
    John

Sorry john we seem to have hi jacked your post. Irene has a riser recliner via the MNDA via the local OT who came to measure her(she is just over 5ft) and the chair came via Leeds Red Cross. She has also connected to her environmental controls and can rise or recline using her cheek. All clever stuff. I would try this routre first that way you will probably ensure the continuing support as your illness progresses.
    John