• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nunhead_man
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2017

Glial cells

Good morning all

I take it some of you will have seen this?

It looks like quite similar to the stuff I heard from the people here

MSD has partnered with the Francis Crick Institute to gain better insights into the causes of motor neurone disease or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"
  • Jo jo
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2019

Wouldn’t it be a miracle. I pray everyday for a cure 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Comment

• billy106
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2018

Looks Good mate , But like everything else regardless of Discovery after Discovery . And Grants for this and that , thrown around to everybody and their Granny whether its for Research or Trials or Career furthering Grants , also Backslapping events. The bottom line is for all the Billions of pounds in just the last 30yrs thrown at MND , Not as much as an Aspirin has been discovered. The Edinburgh Clinic that made the Discovery has recieved Millions in Grants over the Years and usuallly release news like this annually , but the there is no end Product. There should be one big MND clinic that Concentrates on this Disease only , Not scattering money to individual and groups across the UK, because its not working.

Comment

• Onein300
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2015

I have to agree on one aspect there..

Originally posted by billy106 View Post
        Looks Good mate , But like everything else regardless of Discovery after Discovery . And Grants for this and that , thrown around to everybody and their Granny whether its for Research or Trials or Career furthering Grants , also Backslapping events. The bottom line is for all the Billions of pounds in just the last 30yrs thrown at MND , Not as much as an Aspirin has been discovered. The Edinburgh Clinic that made the Discovery has recieved Millions in Grants over the Years and usuallly release news like this annually , but the there is no end Product. There should be one big MND clinic that Concentrates on this Disease only , Not scattering money to individual and groups across the UK, because its not working.
        You hit a proverbial nail on the head. We have to start Centering research. There is an issue with spreading far and wide, and often it merely just funds phds! Now don’t get me wrong, we need the core research, but now we are on the cusp of an effective treatment because of some “techniques” being proven. Now is the time to fund a National Centre, with one leader who directs research and who competes for bigger grants, not tens of smaller ones.

Our government is well known for NOT funding diluted research. And they are quite right not to. It’s one reason they don’t fund MND strongly compared with other diseases. We should learn from this lesson and with the new government lobby politely.

Certainly something I will be promoting in 2020.
        Last edited by Onein300; 18 December 2019, 10:43.

Comment

Working...
        X