Remote control wall sockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote control wall sockets

A friend drew these to my attention. They should be a great help to those of us who can't bend down to reach existing sockets. Costco about £14.

As I understand it, they plug in to existing sockets and up to four can be controlled independently and remotely

I hope I've attached the photo correctly.

Doug
    Attached Files

Good afternoon Doug

Thank you

As I was passing I had a look.

You need to be careful with them as to the power they draw - the ones I saw would not for example be safe with an electric fan heater drawing 13 A
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND. MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

Hi there,

I have used very similar ones to these for years from Maplin and I do believe that are 13A but you would have to check.

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-re...kets/p/0343066

I do have them on blow heaters but because they are just back ground heating they are on half power.

Make sure that any heaters are safe because they can easily be switched on.

In my lounge I use two of them, one on top of the other because it is more at risk of getting covered or knocked over.

Each controller can be set to four different wave lengths so you could control 16 devices, separately.

Love Terry
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Working...
      X