Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lcfcno1fan
    replied
    Hi Leeanne, yes this is a horrendous disease but thankfully my mental faculties so far remain intact. For me it is important to try and make the most of what I have and that means (for myself at least) that I stay positive and enjoy what I can. I do hope that at some point you can come to terms With your own situation, please remember that we are all here to help you if we can. Take care, James.

Leave a comment:

• Leeanne Bassett
    replied
    Are you all insane - how are any of you excepting this vile disgusting disease. I can’t bare it

Leave a comment:

• Tess
    replied
    It's crazy that in the likes of Japan, these cool multi gadget toilets are the norm, yet here it's a novelty.
    Similarly automatic cars in Australia seem to be the thing yet in the UK it's the more rare option/are also more expensive.
    With all this technology around us, some things still seem so backwards.

Leave a comment:

• Piglet
    replied
    Thanks so much

Leave a comment:

• Lcfcno1fan
    replied
    I have a Gerberit Aquaclean and it is a fantastic piece of equipment. I would recommend it for able-bodied people as well as those of us in need of some help now and again. The OT from my local council organised the rep to come out and also supplied a list of approved installers. The MNDA Provided some funding and we made a contribution to the overall cost. We did need to get some power into the bathroom and obviously needed a waterproof junction box (most bathrooms don’t have much power in them and this needed a 13 amp spur). As for the toilet itself, the choice of settings is amazing and it leaves you not only clean but fresh afterwards.
    I hope this helps?
    James

Leave a comment:

• Jane northwales
    replied
    Hi, we have a Geberit Aquaclean A8000 The Geberit toilet has allowed my husband the dignity of toilet independence. It is important to have the toilet serviced as we missed a service and the toilet stopped working due to a minor fault which would have been avoided by servicing. The issue was a build up of scale in one of the jets. I would say that the installation of the toilet has been essential to day to day life.

Leave a comment:

• Piglet
    replied
    Thanks for your replies. I am looking into all of the above

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    replied
    Hi Piglet

We also had a Geberit fitted (Aquaclean A 8000) Remote control is really useful. We managed to get a good deal on this about a year ago, but things may changed now and Closomat may be cheaper. MNDA also provided a grant which helped. Worth checking maintenance requirements and costs to maintain warranty.

Good luck

Robin

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Good Morning Piglet

We are having a wet room put in with a geberit shower toilet which washes and dries and has a remote control. It was recommended by the O.T. Our local authority have provided a grant towards it.

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    hi Piglet. We had a clos o mat fitted for my late Husband Mick. I had to send in proof of my earnings, we were awarded full funding for a wet room and the toilet. We just paid for extras we wanted, clad type ceiling with spot lights, we wanted it fully tiled instead of part tiled and a heated towel rail. He found it easy to use. a lever each side which you could push with elbow or floor pedal. After he passed away they came and removed it and replaced it with a basic toilet

Leave a comment:

• Hayls
    replied
    Hello piglet,
    My community OT got funding for a Bio-Bidet which is a toilet seat that can fit over a normal toilet, it isn’t perfect, I’m not able to sit forward or backwards or readjust myself but cleans the back passage brilliantly but us females have a front that needs cleaning but it often misses it, I’ve opted for a catheter instead, when my forever home is organised I’ll have a better bidet toilet but for now it’s working a treat

Leave a comment:

• Piglet
    started a topic Electric toilets

Electric toilets

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone had had a toilet fitted that washes and dries you. My husband is beginning to struggle with toilet care due to very weak hands. Any information would be appreciated.
Working...
X