• Show
Clear All

• Sue1
    replied
    Will do! xx

Leave a comment:

• Tess
    replied
    If you get a hot tub please invite us round!

Leave a comment:

• Sue1
    replied
    Hello Barry, thank you so much for your reply. I will do as you suggest and after covid I will find out about local aqua therapy.

Hello Hayls, Mark does have muscle twitches or fasciculations but he always said before that they didn't hurt but just felt funny. He has then mostly in his arms. As Mark doesn't speak now with his FTD I can only judge when/if he's in pain by observing him but I don't believe he is in pain. Thats very good advice about the cold though, I must think about this.

Helo Ellie, Hydrotherapy does seem the way to go unless I could afford a hot tub too! I just want to keep offering anything to help him at this stage.

Hi Chebs, your hot tub sounds perfect! Take care

Thank you again to everyone

Sue xx

Leave a comment:

• chebs
    replied
    Hi Sue, I've recently informed my friends on here of my lastest predicament..I was told I have FTD and possible MND(als) But have recently been told its not MND but FND (functional Nerve Disorder) with Dementia. These conditions seem to take years to dignosis...
    Also, we have a Lazy Spar Hot tub and I must say it's a god send...we've put it under a pagoda with fairy lights honeysuckle and jasmin.. and at night with the lights from the hot tub and fairy lights it's my idea of heaven... I hope you find your bit of heaven, as I have
    best wishes
    Chebs xx
    Love to all my Friends here xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Yes Sue, as Barry & Hayls have said, warm water is delicious on muscles

I had hydrotherapy sessions for years and being in the warm water definitely helped reduce my muscle tone, but do take into account how safely & easily Mark can get into and out of the tub, bearing in mind how slippery a wet body is!! A hoist and a few pairs of hands should work for an outdoor tub or a jacuzzi bath but also consider if he can maintain a sitting position in buoyant water.

And that's true about us feeling the cold / getting cold quickly - cold muscles cramp and spasm, undoing all the good of being in warm water...

My local hospice has a jacuzzi bath and a hydrotherapy pool so worth checking out what facilities Mark's hospice offers (for the near future probably)

Good spot by the way

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Hayls
    replied
    I can’t get in my hot tub anymore but the hurt would help relax tense muscles and thaw out ice cold limbs, does he still have muscle twitches? The hot tub doesn’t stop them but helps them not be as painful. I found coming out very tricky, it would make my muscles tense suddenly due to cold air, definitely ensure you have a patio heater to keep him warm, we are all different and you know him better than anyone, you’ll know if he benefits from it, you can hire one to see if it works for you both, hopefully

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Sue1,

I have no experience of a hot tub but I often use a jacuzzi when on holiday and it does soothe the body. Before Covid I was using an aqua therapy pool and because the body weight is supported by water I found it reduced my spasticity. You could search for aqua therapy nearby once lockdown is eased and because they are supervised by trained staff your husband will be safe.

Best wishes,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• Sue1
    started a topic Hot Tub!?

Hot Tub!?

Hello

I’ve noticed how my husband stands under the shower jet of warm water and seems to enjoy it on his back. I wonder if it’s soothing on aches and pains. Sorry for what appears to be an odd question but because he also has FTD he no longer speaks so i can’t ask him! ☹️

This led me onto thinking I wonder if a hot tub would be good for him at all? Either therapeutic reasons or other? I had started to get him massages before covid hoping that would help too but obviously that has paused now.

Does anyone have experience in this please?

Take care all
    Sue x
Working...
X