Spell & talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spell & talk

I was told that there is an app on your tablet that you spell a word & it speaks the word. Does anyone know the app please as i can't find it.

Hi Denise, it is called Predictable. I paid over a hundred pounds for it but I think some people get it for free?, I didn't know that.
    Magsx

Comment

The one i was told about was just a few pounds just to get started! How do you find your one is it easy to use. X

Comment

Hi Denise
        Its called speak it £1.49 and i think its better than predictable

Comment

ho yea i bought a series 1 ipad class a from ebay for £70 all sorted

Comment

Thanks kevin. X

Comment

Hi Denise;

Do you have a I Pad or a android tablet.

Different apps are available for the different machines.

Love Terry

Congratulations on your I Pad Kevin.
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Denise
                I'm not too keen on it, it's ok if you want to use just one finger, it predicts the wrong words at time, I end up a jumble of words I didn't want. I thought it was me, but my friend and daughter tried it and the same happens to them. A lot of people love it.
                I have speak it on my iPad, I may give it a go but I can't do many changes on there as I can the predictable. Yes, try speak it first.
                Mags x

Comment

I use Speak It. It's very basic, easy to use. Two female and two male voices. You can save phrases you use regularly

Comment

Hi Denise, my dad was given an iPad with the App called predictable on it free, if I'm being honest it's not the best, but I guess it's better than nothing, it's like the guy on it just says the sentences without taking breath. I'm going to see if he can get a different app as he doesn't like it,, any ideas would be welcome as to a better app?... Thanks Katrina x

Comment

Hi Katrina;

He has to put a few commas in for a breath. Maybe talk to the makes and see if something in the settings could make it stop at a full stop. Try "Speak It" but I would have thought that "Predictable" is better.

Love Terry
                      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Terry,

I will have to try it with a few commas, never really tried that, my mum wrote my dad a message and it came out so fast that it was hard to understand what the guy was saying, if I can't understand it I don't know how my dad was ment too.

I'll definately give that a go and see if it makes a difference with more commas,, il have a look at Speak It aswell.

Thank you ... Katrina x

Comment

I have a lightwriter and i have set the speed to the slowest, again, contact the makers and see if this to can be slowed.

Love Terry

Comment

Sorry don't mean to sound silly but what is a lightwriter?, il have a look and see if it can be slowed down.

Thanks Katrina x

Comment

It's old tech that sometimes the Mnda lend out. I say it is old stuff but it has some benefits too.

Some modern programs do have settings and tools to help them. I don't have an I Pad so can't help but I would think that the software company could help with the rate of speech and the full stops.

Comment

Working...
                              X