• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensors............the cheek of it :-)

https://news.mit.edu/2020/sensor-als-communicate-1022
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND. MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

I want one 👍

Comment

Looks promising, thanks for the link Andy.
      Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Sounds interesting.

Comment

Ill stick to my smart box until the tech I improves.

Comment

The issue I have with a lot of new tech is that it's so slow and laborious to use, which must frustrate the user no end and put them off using it 😣

Yes, it'sbetter than nothing but is that good enough, especially as we're often fatigued. I'm not dissing the developers, far from it, but wish they would develop something they themselves would be happy to use all day, every day.

I too will happily use my eye gaze unless and until something quicker, and cheap, comes along.

Love Moany Myrtle 🙄
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Good evening all and I include moaning Myrtle!

I agree that new technology is sometimes a real pain as it doesn't work with the other stuff you've got properly so you end up replacing lots of things.

After you by way of evidence my new office desk set up where I have computers that drive twin monitors but only up to a certain depth of field due to the KVM switch that links them – if I update the KVM switch I will need all new cables to connect the machines together I expect to make a bit of holding a bank account.

So with new technology I often wait for the film of the book as it were
              Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND. MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

nunhead_man Ooh, get you Andy, 2 monitors 😅 Now I've an image of you shorting soybean and lean hogs (making millions) 🤣🤣
                ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Yes but can he predict the next president of the USA
                  I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Good evening,

well I can now predict the next president of the USA of course as Joe Biden has now been awarded Pennsylvania
                    Warmly

Andy

Comment

Talk about the devil and the deep blue sea. Not much of a choice for my poor cousins over the pond. 😄

Comment

Working...
                      X