No announcement yet.

Shower Wheelchair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry52 Is it self-drive or chauffeured?
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I will try it in reverse next time but I’m not sure how I will manage the shower valve and soap dispenser which will be behind me. I wonder if they make a version like the car that parks itself.
      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Barry. Do you have a wet room with enough space to turn in once you are in the room. That’s what I did with Ann. It was getting through the door into the bathroom that was our problem. We only have a narrow hall way.

Comment

Ah I see your problem Barry. No reversing isn’t going to help. Could you remove the foot plates and position a small plastic toilet step ( you know the type that small children use )in the shower to rest your feet on.

I notice you have the same sparkly white wall boards we do. I love the way they reflect different colours

Comment

That's tight for sure, Barry.

If you use the walker to and from the shower itself, would a shower stool work?

Some have swivel seats, so you could turn yourself around:

Swivel seat shower stool.jpg

Or you have probably tried that already.

Love Ellie.
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
              I will try it in reverse next time but I’m not sure how I will manage the shower valve and soap dispenser which will be behind me. I wonder if they make a version like the car that parks itself.
              My wife covers me in soap before I get in the shower. Then I just sit on a shower stool and let it rinse off. Not brilliant but it works.
              Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

GaryM ok but what song does your wife sing when soaping😁

Comment

GaryM Since I only see my wife for a weekend once a fortnight I'd be pretty smelly if I waited for a soap down. I had a stool but getting on and off proved difficult. I have removed the footplates which I don't need and I can get in okay.
                  I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowler View Post
                    GaryM ok but what song does your wife sing when soaping😁
                    Well nothing normally, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe "I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair"? Ideas on a postcard.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryM View Post

Well nothing normally, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe "I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair"? Ideas on a postcard.
                      how about, head, shoulders, knees and toes.

Comment

Yes, that's more like it.👏👏

Comment

Working...
                        X