Clear All

• GaryM
    replied
    Yes, that's more like it.👏👏

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Originally posted by GaryM View Post

Well nothing normally, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe "I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair"? Ideas on a postcard.
    how about, head, shoulders, knees and toes.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowler View Post
    GaryM ok but what song does your wife sing when soaping😁
    Well nothing normally, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe "I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair"? Ideas on a postcard.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    GaryM Since I only see my wife for a weekend once a fortnight I'd be pretty smelly if I waited for a soap down. I had a stool but getting on and off proved difficult. I have removed the footplates which I don't need and I can get in okay.

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    GaryM ok but what song does your wife sing when soaping😁

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
    I will try it in reverse next time but I’m not sure how I will manage the shower valve and soap dispenser which will be behind me. I wonder if they make a version like the car that parks itself.
    My wife covers me in soap before I get in the shower. Then I just sit on a shower stool and let it rinse off. Not brilliant but it works.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    That's tight for sure, Barry.

If you use the walker to and from the shower itself, would a shower stool work?

Some have swivel seats, so you could turn yourself around:

Swivel seat shower stool.jpg

Or you have probably tried that already.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Ah I see your problem Barry. No reversing isn’t going to help. Could you remove the foot plates and position a small plastic toilet step ( you know the type that small children use )in the shower to rest your feet on.

I notice you have the same sparkly white wall boards we do. I love the way they reflect different colours

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Barry. Do you have a wet room with enough space to turn in once you are in the room. That’s what I did with Ann. It was getting through the door into the bathroom that was our problem. We only have a narrow hall way.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    I will try it in reverse next time but I’m not sure how I will manage the shower valve and soap dispenser which will be behind me. I wonder if they make a version like the car that parks itself.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Barry52 Is it self-drive or chauffeured?

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Barry, don’t know what your reversing like but I had the same problem with Ann’s shower chair. I found reversing in solved the problem. A bit like parking a car.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    A few teething problems which I’m sure I can resolve. Footplates hinder access but I will remove them once I find blanking caps to cover the holes as I don’t want water to enter. Squeaky clean now.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    That is just awful of your SS/OT, Barry - thank goodness you contacted the MNDA.

Hope it does the job now and you can get squeaky clean safely.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Shower wheelchair arrived today and thanks to MNDA for providing what SS wouldn’t. Test run tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X