Mugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugs

Can anyone recommend a safety mug with a straw ? I can’t find anything suitable.
    Best wishes Jerry

im interested too. stephen is having problems grabbing hold of cups.

Comment

My OT was going to lend me a Neater Drinker to try, but I lost my ability to swallow that fast I didn't get chance to try it.
      Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

We used a few different children’s ones, you know the type with screw on lids with a plastic straw sticking out of a centre hole. We had different sizes to use in different situations. We got them from a large co-op or the range. The taller ones were good if Ann was sat in her riser recliner with a tray on her lap. The shorter ones if she was sat at a table in her power chair. Sorry but this stupid system won’t allow me to upload photo’s.

Comment

We generally use basic ones from Asda that have the straw and don't spill. Only a couple of pounds each.

But with my partner having no upper limb function now, the motorized neater drinking has been one of the best gadgets we've been given so far. Organised through the OT. It means I don't constantly have to bug him by asking if he wants a drink (and not to mention, he hates asking). So finding he's drinking much more now. We have it set up on a wee table next to his chair in the lounge and he can hit the 'soft press' button with his knee and the long straw swings round so he can drink easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Tess View Post
            We generally use basic ones from Asda that have the straw and don't spill. Only a couple of pounds each.

But with my partner having no upper limb function now, the motorized neater drinking has been one of the best gadgets we've been given so far. Organised through the OT. It means I don't constantly have to bug him by asking if he wants a drink (and not to mention, he hates asking). So finding he's drinking much more now. We have it set up on a wee table next to his chair in the lounge and he can hit the 'soft press' button with his knee and the long straw swings round so he can drink easily.
            Brilliant. Well done Tess

Comment

I’ve been using the bamboo travel mugs with a silicone top. A glass straw pushed nicely through the drinking hole. They are much lighter to pick up with my flailing arms and safer with a lid

Comment

Working...
              X