No announcement yet.

Riser-recliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more question please. Should I allow for a pressure relieving cushion on top when measuring seat height or not?
    Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryM View Post
      One more question please. Should I allow for a pressure relieving cushion on top when measuring seat height or not?
      Probably, yes. It'll be interesting how Deb 's bespoke chair dealt with that issue, but mostly the seat cushion area of the armchair don't provide enough comfort over time. I got away without an extra cushion for a good while before needing pressure relief - obvs this will vary from person to person.

My own extra cushion, a Gelcell, is 5cm high and less when squashed by my booty, so the armrests and lumbar support are still in a good position for me in my non-bespoke, but slim sized RR.

Some cushions are up to 10cm high, so you'd run into issues with armrest height, not upon which to rest your arms, but to stop you from being the Leaning Tower of Gary... The lumbar support isn't as vital a consideration as there are plenty of D-shaped supports available, but it is a consideration nonetheless. xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
        Deb Hi Debbie. Can you share the details about the shower chair please? Thanks

Richard
        Hi Richard, so sorry I didn't get the name of the chair but I will find out from my OT and get back to you.

The medical assessor who came with the OT ( I'm guessing he was a company rep !) bought some examples of shower wheel chairs and lots of catalogues. I was able to choose the cushion and foot rests. We were also able to choose the height which can be changed.

I guess this depends on how you transfer and if you want it to go over the loo. I use a basic shower wheelchair at the moment and its very uncomfortable and flimsy for transfers.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Thanks Debbie for asking. I need one for bedroom to shower. At the moment with a frame and extremely slowly I can stand and transfer to the loo.

It’s surprising what we tell people we have never met😀

Richard
          Richard

Comment

Working...
          X