Best chair for garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best chair for garden

Hi all as I now have my stair lift fitted I’m looking for the best garden chair for myself. I’m quite a large male so wanted something big any ideas ?
    https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/charles...SABEgJrRvD_BwE

6-8 weeks I don’t want to wait

The seat height will be your main issue here Wayne - that one is 45cm. Measure a seat you know is easy, or less difficult 😏, to get in and out of and see how it compares to 45cm - you can add a couple of cms for a cushion, but that gets squashed a bit so a 5cm cushion won't give you an extra 5cm of seat height.

You could raise the chair by putting it on some sturdy base, unless you plan to use a hoist which would allow for any standard height chair really.

I sit in a similar style chair (from IKEA) with back and seat cushions and it suits me fine for a few hours. I hope you can find a nice chair soon - I believe long delivery time is common atm, between hospitality venues snapping up outdoor furniture and the Suez backlog delaying shipments...

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hello Wayne,

This UK manufacturing company offers a range of seat heights. Don’t forget you qualify for vat exemption.
      https://outwoodcare.co.uk/high-garden-chairs/
      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Nice one Barry x

Comment

Hi everyone after asking my friend to build me a chair I wanted to post pics of it as I’m chuffed with it. Still need to add padding and paint/protect it but I love it.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

House44 I can see why you're happy Wayne, chair looks fab, better than shop bought ones! Nice and sturdy, high back and long armrests (room for 🍺)

Good mate to have. Wishing you many happy days in the garden.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
              House44 I can see why you're happy Wayne, chair looks fab, better than shop bought ones! Nice and sturdy, high back and long armrests (room for 🍺)

Good mate to have. Wishing you many happy days in the garden.

Love Ellie.
              Thanks Ellie x

Comment

Originally posted by House44 View Post
                Hi everyone after asking my friend to build me a chair I wanted to post pics of it as I’m chuffed with it. Still need to add padding and paint/protect it but I love it.
                Wow, you have a talented and generous friend. It looks great, Lynne x
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
                X