Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarahw
    replied
    Thank you all for your advice. It’s certainly given me plenty to think about. X

Leave a comment:

• Boiler68
    replied
    Hubby has Bio Bidet, funded by MNDA. We paid for it to be installed - think it was £150.00. I have to say it has been absolutely the best piece of equipment for him and has given him back his dignity. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Thanks Wayne..very similar to bio bidet.
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    House44 Thanks Wayne, great to have a recommendation for a bidet seat other than the Bio Bidet. xx

Leave a comment:

• House44
    replied
    I got the AKW bidet fitted it’s really good for keeping it a 1 person job.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p080fXNZY1Q
    attach a hose and plug it in was pretty easy to fit

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    My friend is in for the suprise of his life 😉😂x

Leave a comment:

• Beemer
    replied
    A Gerberit is what I got fitted. Quite a shock using it for the first time, we have the remote, and opted to not have the wall sensor fitted as I cannot use/lift my arms.
    Entertaining when visitors use it

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Geberit is what I'm getting

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Nicely put Jojo,
    In retrospect and if I had realised that the bio bidet doesn’t work well with a shower chair I would have gone for a Geberit or Clos o Mat washer dryer.Of course there is the cost implication to consider.
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I'm getting a free one, guess I am lucky. I need luck that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Jo jo
    replied
    Hi we had the Giberit wash dry installed when we had the new wetroom fitted. The shower chair fits over nicely and it is not pressure sensitive and has a motion sensor that my partner just has to raise his hand at.
    His arms are getting to weak to lift now but also has a remote that I can use while outside the bathroom if needed.
    It’s given him some dignity back and worth every penny.
    Good luck with whichever you choice but remember they are mainly on a pressure sensor so no good to use on a shower chair really.

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    To Sarahw
    Do your research .I have a bio bidet 1000 and happy with it.The problem started when I tried to find a shower chair that will push over the toilet fitted with the bio bidet.( ongoing saga)
    There are complete systems made by Clos o Mat and Geberit but more costly at over £3000 quoted when I enquired.
    The actual bio bidet works great for me..Gives a good wash and dry😂
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    To Deb
    Good look with that Deb as Ellie says I have tried umpteen shower chairs to fit over bio bidet 1000 with not much luck.It depends on the shape of your toilet.
    The shower chair we had customised when it arrived it was ridiculously high so sent back to be adjusted.Good job at the moment I can get on and off the loo independently .
    Best wishes Mary

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Just a word on this.... When we had our wetroom fitted we opted for a "comfort "high toilet. I was still able to get on and off it using the side rails. I can't do this anymore but I can just about transfer sideways.

Apparently it is too high for a shower wheelchair to go over it so it will need to be changed. I am on the look out for a fully adjustable shower wheelchair, however. X

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarahw View Post
    Has anyone had experience with these and if so are they worth and do they work?!
    Yes Sarah, worth every penny for both parties! As well as independence, it preserves dignity - I found I didn't mind so much if carers wiped me, but my husband, that's completely different...

One thing about the bidet seats is that they are bulky at the back so, if you need a commode chair to fit over the loo in future, that may be a problem, depending too on how near the loo is to the wall. ( Mary C has an ongoing chair saga!)

Most people on the forum with the bidet seats have Bio Bidet brand, but other brands do exist.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X