X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    I've a Gelcell for my RR armchair, air pockets topped with gel. Because most wheelchair cushions are too high, it's probably something your OT will supply.

This is what the inside of my Trulife Gelcell cushion looks like:

Trulife Gel Cell.jpg
    I mentioned it to the physio on Thursday she just said contact wheelchair services, that cushion looks good I’ll have a look thanks Ellie x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    I've a Gelcell for my RR armchair, air pockets topped with gel, which I find very comfortable. Because most wheelchair cushions are too high, it's probably something your OT will supply.

This is what the inside of my Trulife Gelcell cushion looks like:

Trulife Gel Cell.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Thanks girls, I’ll have to sort something it’s the same in my riser/recliner too it’s been terrible today, I even got up and did some little jobs around the living room today just to give me some relief from sitting 🤦🏼‍♀️ But then I had to give in as that was too exhausting!! God only knows how I’ll cope sat in my wheelchair for 5/6ish hours when we go to Wales for our getaway. What we have to put up with 🤦🏼‍♀️ one thing after another. I’ll get Phil to ring wheelchair services tomorrow see what they say much love girls x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Deb View Post
    They felt the pain in my coccyx was due to my feet not being properly positioned and me not sitting far enough back.
    Actually Debbie, that's a very good point.

I switched to always be hoisted into my wheelchair by my carers, as this gets me right back into it, and better than any hoosh can. My husband refuses to use the hoist, "too slow", and I'm never as far back when he puts me into it.

Hope your new footrests work well for you.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Hi Nettie,

Sorry youre not comfortable in your wheelchair. I have a roho cushion which is comfortable but hard for me to reposition myself on.i also have a transflo one which I think gives me more support and is easier to move on, using my arms.

I don't know if this is any help to you but I had an appointment at the wheelchair clinic last week. They felt the pain in my coccyx was due to my feet not being properly positioned and me not sitting far enough back. They arranged supports to stop my feet turning and Princess 👸 sheepskin covers. They are also ordering footplates to elevate my feet as they get swollen if they are down for too long. I can't wear shoes due to my curly toes so they need support. Hopefully this will enable me to spend longer in my wheelchair before transferring to my riser recliner.

I guess you don't know what will work until you try... they did say that most problems have an answer so I hope you find a cushion to make you more comfortable.
    Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Thanks Ellie, I will contact wheelchair services, that’s where mine hurts the coccyx area my thighs seem to be ok though 👍 thanks Janette x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Janette, contact your OT or wheelchair services and they'll assess you and provide you with a suitable cushion but, in the meantime...

Apart from basic foam-filled, there are gel cushions, air cushions and hybrids which offer varying levels of pressure relief - and that's the important thing, pressure relief. Usually we need cushions with a very high level of pressure relief.

I have a J2 Deep Contour cushion. It has deep gel in the coccyx area, which is where my pressure area is, and a layer of gel on the rest of the cushion, and this sits on top of a closed cel foam base which supports my thighs. I found the air ones didn't give the backs of my thighs enough support, but if they are suitable for you, RoHo make some very good ones.

Good luck and contact them ASAP, before your numb bum becomes a sore bum.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    started a topic Comfort

Comfort

Hi folks, I’m sure this has been asked before but can’t find it. Can anyone recommend a cushion for wheelchair? I keep getting a numb bum 🤦🏼‍♀️ Thanks Janette x
Working...
X