Finger aids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finger aids

Hi ya all just wanted to know about finger supports to stop curling fingers ! Any good? Worth it ?

Any recommendations x

Comment

Hi
      Can the OT or physio advise you on this issue?
      Best wishes
      Mary

Comment

Hi Mary ,, Probably yes but I’m more interested in what people think first hand ie did they help the people who used as they are rather expensive and didn’t want to purchase if simple hand and finger stretching was adamant xx

Comment

Pat, I just needed to keep a finger straight for typing and used something like this: (there are other sellers available!)

If you search online for finger splints, you'll get an idea of what's available and if they would do what you want them to. I also tried a plastic one, which wasn't that comfortable, but was cheap, so worth a shot.

At night, I wear hand splints to keep my fingers straight - my physio gave me those.

Love Ellie.
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thanks Ellie might get them for bed x

Comment

Patw This is what I wear in bed, but I have no function in my hands:

Hand splint.jpg

Comment

Ok thanks for showing xx

Comment

Ellie Do you find the hand support helpful overnight? I am not sure I understand what happened before you used the aid
                  Mum died with MND in 1979 – I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from her. Reckon mine started sometime in 2018

Comment

EvelynMW My fingers curl inwards making a tight fist so, without the braces, my (short enough) nails dig into my palms or into other fingers and my hands would be in a tight fist all night..

For me, they also give my lower arm muscles a good stretch too. xx

Comment

That’s what’s starting with me at night so will have to get myself a pair x

Comment

Ellie Thanks for telling me! I will look forward to that happening (not)
                        Mum died with MND in 1979 – I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from her. Reckon mine started sometime in 2018

Comment

Working...
                        X