Oversize keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oversize keyboard

Yesterday a lady from my electronic assistive technology team fitted me up with Chester Creek oversize keyboard. They’re primarily aids for visual impairment, but the ca. 2 cm square keys are a huge help to failing fingers.

https://www.newegg.com/p/0GA-0017-00...9SIAE87APW6075

Doug

Smashing Doug x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

That looks good. Are those keys luminous? Why we have black keyboards and very dull alphabet etc I don't know? I'm a touch typist but sometimes I have to play hunt the key. Probably just need to give it another scrub. Took all the keys off and gave them a good clean. It's ok just a few hiccups 😉

Comment

Glad it works for you Doug. You don't find it too high to bring your arms up to use it, do you?

Love Ellie.
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Denise- I think so.

Ellie - good question. at the moment I'm using it stretched out in my riser/reclinerchair, Head tilted up. it is fixed to the end of arm that holds it about 8 cm above my ribs.it's angled about 45 degrees. i rest my elbows on the arms of the chair and my hands swing across fairly naturally. The most tiring thing is
          reaching to use the touch screen.

I need to experiment.

Doug x

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
            The most tiring thing is reaching to use the touch screen.
            Sorry if this is a silly question... Why do you need to use the touch screen when you have a keyboard connected? Just trying to figure things out! xx

Comment

Because I haven't yet got a paw-friendly mouse with which to click certain icons or boxes
              x

Comment

OK, they can give you mouse alternatives if necessary, e.g. big buttons for left and right clicks. You shouldn't have to struggle 😩

It's seems a rather piecemeal approach is being taken to improving your computer accessibility, if you don't mind me saying Doug - I just know there is so much available without you needing to struggle. 🤗🤗 😘

Comment

Working...
                X