Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Yes Ellie - mine was "unaffected" thankfully (CPAP) - but Jaffa see the link

Sue

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Suefromwakey View Post
    ... it came back "unaffected"................I'm sure it will be the same for BIPAPS also
    No, some common Philips Respironics NIV BiPAP devices used here *are* affected - see the link.

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Hello Jaffa - I just googled Philips recall cpap machine and took it from there............some where on the Philips site I managed to find the place to put my serial number in and for me it came back "unaffected"................I'm sure it will be the same for BIPAPS also,

hope this helps

Sue

Leave a comment:

• jaffabeach
    replied
    Originally posted by Suefromwakey View Post
    Thanks for that - I personally use the CPAP machine, I've checked it out and it appears to be a recall for the US only
    Hello could you point me in the direction of the info that it is just inthe USA ta.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Music man's wife Stroke of luck! xx

Leave a comment:

• Music man's wife
    replied
    Hubby got a letter about this today, fortunately he changed both of his machines in January so he's not affected.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    From Philips Healthcare UK.

The popular A40 BiPAP machine is one on the list.

https://www.philips.com/c-dam/b2bhc/...tor-fsn-uk.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    The Philips announcement calls it a "recall notification (U.S. only) / field safety notice (International Markets)", so I assumed the devices were sold outside the US as well. All the better if that's not the case!

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Only in America 😉😂😘😍xx

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Thanks for that - I personally use the CPAP machine, I've checked it out and it appears to be a recall for the US only

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    started a topic Recall: Philips respiratory devices

Recall: Philips respiratory devices

Dear all,

I've just learned about a recall/field safety notice of various Philips devices: some versions of their Philips Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), BiLevel Positive Airway Pressure (BiLevel PAP) devices, and Mechanical Ventilators. Apparently foam used in their construction is degrading and may have carcinogenic effects when inhaled.

More information here: https://www.usa.philips.com/healthca...ons/src-update

Hope it doesn't affect anyone on the forum, but thought I'd flag it up just in case.

All the best,
    Peanut
Working...
X