Airphysio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airphysio

Morning all, has anyone tried the Airphysio mucus therapy device as advertised on E bay ? Thanks

I haven't used an AirPhysio pookies brook Hopefully you'll have replies from someone who has used one.

It's a simple concept which, in theory should work. My concern is that, apart from there being two different sizes of balls, the pressure is constant and dependent solely on your own lung fuction so, if you cannot take successive deep breaths and hold them, you may not get much benefit from it.

If it does work for you and brings up mucus, your cough needs to be strong enough to cough up that mucus into your mouth for expulsion, and not to leave it at the back of your throat or further down.

Would you rate your lung function as good enough? It's a bit expensive to take a punt on, would you feel comfortable asking your respiratory team or clinic what their thoughts are?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Hi Ellie, thanks for your reply and to be honest i'm unsure that it would work for me that's why i posted to hopefully get some feedback from people with different lung function ability so yes i will put it to my ventilation nurse and see what she says, again thanks for the reply

Comment

Hello everyone, a family member of mine is suffering from Asthma here in India. I ordered one Airphysio and it does help a little bit. The thing that I missed is one should read some reviews before buying a product. Check out this airphysio review, if it helps!

Comment

For mucus I find my suction machine fits the bill.πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜„πŸ‘xx
          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
            For mucus I find my suction machine fits the bill.πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜„πŸ‘xx
            I've never heard of the AirPhysio but I'd love any advice on where to get a suction machine. Are these provided by speech and language? My mum has been using the hycosine patches behind her ear but is still struggling with too much mucus in her mouth. Thanks

Comment

I've had it for such a long time I'm not sure where it came from but ask your district nurse or GP. πŸ‘πŸ˜xx
              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by Deborah View Post
                I'd love any advice on where to get a suction machine. Are these provided by speech and language?
                Getting a suction machine can be a bit hit and miss, depending on where you live - this is from an information sheet from the MNDA:

"How do I get a suction unit?
                Suction units should be available via your GP or district nurse. In some areas, suction units are only available through a local MND care centre or network. If they are unable to get a unit, for example due to lack of funding in your area, it may be possible to loan one from the MND Association. Ask your GP or a member of your health and social care team to contact the Support Services team on 01604 611802, or email:
                [email protected] "

Regarding the thick secretions in your mum's mouth: talk to her nurse or doctor about it but drinking lots of water helps thin it out, as can pineapple juice and a nebuliser. Carbocisteine, a medication, thins thick mucus but it can change saliva too, so medical advice is needed.

If you want to read the full Info Sheet on Swallowing & Secretions, click Here

Love Ellie.
                ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Thanks so much. I'll follow up with the GP first and go from there. My mum can't swallow anything any more - we've tried freezer pops but even these are tricky. Never heard of carbociseine, thanks Ellie, will ask if that might be suitable.

Comment

Working...
                  X