Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy
    replied
    i had my modeltalker voice repaired by speak unique - a significant improvement. if you have mnd it's a free service.

Leave a comment:

• John D
    replied
    Ditto!

Will dig out the figure Ellie

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    sara.williams apologies forgot to add welcome to the forum😏😉

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by John D View Post
    Also you could try Speak Unique who have a voice repair service which I used. Ask Acapela to send you the original voice recording and then forward it to SU who will not charge until you’re happy with it.
    That's helpful John D would you be able to give a ballpark figure for the voice repair? No worries if you can't and it probably depends on time taken, but tens, low hundreds?? xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    sara.williams A warm welcome to the forum Sara xx

Leave a comment:

• John D
    replied
    Sarah. Are you using Predictable? Assume you have played around with the Acapela settings. Acapela might be able to improve it. Also you could try Speak Unique who have a voice repair service which I used. Ask Acapela to send you the original voice recording and then forward it to SU who will not charge until you’re happy with it. MNDA’s Richard Cave will help you with this if needed. I actually use both recordings.
    Last edited by John D; 9 November 2021, 10:42.

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by sara.williams View Post
    Hi all,

First time posting and would love some
    advice. My mum was diagnosed with MND a year ago. We voice banked early as everyone said this was a good idea. Mum this week got her assistive technology device and we downloaded her voice. She was so excited to get her voice back but unfortunately it doesn’t sound anything like her!
    Does anyone have any advice?
    We used acapela.

Thanks in advance,
    S
    Could the SALT team help by contacting Acapela? My banked voice sounds a bit like me...not 100%...I just thought better than nothing. I had thought about using my eldest daughters voice as we often have been mistaken for each other on the phone... If needed.
    Good luck😉

Leave a comment:

• shelly21
    replied
    Hi I also didn't rate my voice. I'm interested also on anyone's ideas but I think its either that or a new voice. Hard either way re loosing our voice.

Leave a comment:

• sara.williams
    started a topic Voice banking

Voice banking

Hi all,

First time posting and would love some
    advice. My mum was diagnosed with MND a year ago. We voice banked early as everyone said this was a good idea. Mum this week got her assistive technology device and we downloaded her voice. She was so excited to get her voice back but unfortunately it doesn’t sound anything like her!
    Does anyone have any advice?
    We used acapela.

Thanks in advance,
    S
Working...
X