Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matthew55
    replied
    I use an iPhone but honestly don't spend fortunes on fancy word apps. Think Hawkins. We end up sounding like Robbie the Robot whatever. 🤖😂🤗🔚xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    I’ve got an iPad Air and it works on that. It also works on my iPhone xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by sara.williams View Post
    Thank you everyone, sorry for late reply. Really appreciate. We are going to try speak unique. Also seems this can be used on mums phone as currently all the stuff the nhs have given are big screens which mum can’t carry!!
    I was advised to get an iPad to use predictable app 😉

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi,
    I don’t think my voice sounds like me ..more like a robot .I am still messing with predictable 6 trying to get used to how to use it.I still can talk but a lot weaker.
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• Shaun wheadon
    replied
    Can the predictable app be linked to use between IPhone and IPad ?

Leave a comment:

• Shaun wheadon
    replied
    Sorry forgot to say, we have listened to a sample of her voice, if is slightly robotic but it’s still her.

Leave a comment:

• Shaun wheadon
    replied
    Sorry to jump on this one.
    My wife Tracy has done voice banking with Richard Cave, I think it’s aceplea, looking at using predictable.
    my question is we have got to get a new tablet, any recommendations?
    was thinking of an IPad Pro as this can be linked to her phone.

Leave a comment:

• sara.williams
    replied
    Thank you everyone, sorry for late reply. Really appreciate. We are going to try speak unique. Also seems this can be used on mums phone as currently all the stuff the nhs have given are big screens which mum can’t carry!!

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    replied
    speak unique is far from perfect but sounds like me and is a big improvement on modeltalker. i've not heard any that aren't expressionless. i contacted them direct Ellie. can't remember if i needed to go via mnda to get charge waived - i think they did that

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Hello Sarah, in my experience whichever system you choose you end up sounding robotic. The biggest thing we loose is emotive wording. The way I shout is I write very large letters. 😉😁🤗😍xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    John D Thanks for those 2 bits of info John 👍👍 xx

Leave a comment:

• John D
    replied
    There is an application for MNDA funding on SU’s website. Cost was £175.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    It's not good to hear of so many voice bankers being so disappointed with their banked voices 😟

Back in the Dark Ages, it wasn't a thing when I lost my speech and like Sally Ann, I use a generated voice - she's my alter ego 😏

Sometimes people use a sibling' or a friend's voice. xx

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnnB
    replied
    I had my voice repaired by Speak Unique and was very disappointed with the outcome. The voice is dreary, lacks authority and sounds nothing like me when I was well. I now use Predictable with a free voice from the Text to Speech app, called Kate. Speak Unique was organised through my S&LT. The only thing I can recommend about It is that the predictive text is good. I also had to buy a new phone as my old one didn’t support the Speak Unique app. And now Kevin Bacon keeps telling me that I need to upgrade that as well!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy View Post
    i had my modeltalker voice repaired by speak unique - a significant improvement. if you have mnd it's a free service.
    That's good to hear Robin 👍 Can you remember who organised it, SLT, Richard Cave or someone else? xx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X