Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking Straw Solution

Hi everyone,

Do any of you good people out there have any feedback or experience of the ‘Neater double straw holder’?

https://www.neater.co.uk/neater-drinkers ……….It is the last item on the bottom of this page.

I currently drive up to my breakfast bar in my powerchair to have a drink from a jug or a cup with a straw but I’m starting to find it more difficult to sit forward to do this. Therefore I am looking for something that does not require me to sit forward so much and that I can still use by myself whenever I want.

First impressions of this seem to solve most of my problems but the item is very expensive (£127) and I would not want to fork out this type of cash or apply for a grant if it was a piece of junk.

Thanks in advance,
    James x
    Foxes Never Quit 💙

James, take a look at Fleximug and Sturdy Straw for comparison.

Fleximug comes from the US, so you'll need to factor in customs charges, unless you know someone living there. xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thank you Ellie much appreciated 😘
      Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Lcfcno1fan Hi don’t know if you are familiar with hydrant water bottle. It has a long handle and can be clipped on wheel chairs etc. it is mainly used for cold drinks to keep hydrated and has a bite valve which you bite down on and suck. Probably not useful for those with swallowing difficulties. Just a thought! X

Comment

Thanks Piglet ☺️☺️☺️
          Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Working...
          X