Which shower toilet is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which shower toilet is best?

So I’m looking to get a shower toilet installed (the wash dry one). Gerberit have been recommended by Social Services but are stupidly expensive whereas I could get other brands for a third of the price. My question, is there a difference between a Gerberit (or similar toilet designed for the disabled) or one costing far less on non-disabled specific websites? I can’t see the reason for the additional cost.

CW100 Hi. We initially got a “washloo” toilet seat which had remote control for washing and drying. It was very good and did the job perfectly. It was around £400 pounds. The company is based in North Wales. We bought this ourselves.
    However as my husband deteriorated we needed a higher toilet so purchased the “Gerebit”; which you can raise to specific heights. Our council paid for this. So I’d ask them would they purchase it.
    Have a look on the “washloo” web sight first before deciding. Good luck x

Comment

Originally posted by CW100 View Post
      My question, is there a difference between a Gerberit (or similar toilet designed for the disabled) or one costing far less on non-disabled specific websites?
      Do you have an example of one of the alternative loos CW100 ?

Sometimes the difference is not so much functionality, rather how a shower chair can fit over the loo; whether there is a seat sensor and, if there is, can it be disabled/overridden; to a lesser extent, how the controls are operated. xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

After much research, our OT advised that the Geberit "care" toilet is the only one that works with a shower chair - as it will work without any weight being placed directly on the seat.

Toilet duly installed 17th December 2021 (unusual Christmas Gift) 😁, self funded with a welcome contribution from MNDA, now hubby is reliant upon a shower chair, so good call from the OT.

I had looked at the cheaper toilet seat options and could have made an expensive mistake. OT advice is priceless.

Also the Geberit has a remote control unit which can be used by a carer - outside of the bathroom if necessary ! helpful for dignity and where patient may not have hand function.

Comment

Working...
        X