Mnd chair available for free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mnd chair available for free

I have a specially built chair specifically for use with folk with MND that has hardly been used. Sadly my wife passed away and I would love to see this chair get used for it's purpose. It is classed as a medical device Class 1 product in accordance with EU Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC. I live in the Midlands area and happy to let anyone have this lovely chair who can collect it.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

PeeBee My condolences to you on the death of your wife.

It's very kind of you to offer the rise recline armchair, I hope it finds a nice new home.

Look after yourself.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thank you Ellie, that's very kind of you, I hope so, a waste otherwise. Warm Regards

Comment

PeeBee sorry to hear about your wife, hoping you are coping as well as can be. Hope someone will benefit from the chair.x

Comment

My husband has this chair ( funded by MNDA) and he loves it. It will however shortly be replaced as he needs something with a few more bells and whistles, ie be movable towards the hoist for transfers. His chair has been raised off the wheels due to him being tall. We have offered ours to the local hospice and they have said that they will use it somewhere within their service. Just a thought - if you have no takers...

Sorry to hear about your wife - condolences to you xx

Comment

Thank you MMG. you are right it is really comfortable and I have tried local hospices but they say it's a chair, not a medical device and as it has no fire safety label, they won't take it, but thanks for suggestion. Hope your husband is comfortable with his new chair

Comment

Originally posted by PeeBee View Post
              I have a specially built chair specifically for use with folk with MND that has hardly been used. Sadly my wife passed away and I would love to see this chair get used for it's purpose. It is classed as a medical device Class 1 product in accordance with EU Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC. I live in the Midlands area and happy to let anyone have this lovely chair who can collect it.
              Good evening, is the chair still available?

Comment

PeeBee So sorry for your loss, my sincere condolences. I have MND live in Solihull and am actually looking at chairs like this so would definitely be interested.

Comment

Yes the chair is still available.

Comment

just to let anyone know who is interested in having the chair, it will not be available after this Friday as I will have to dispose of it. If anyone is interested please let me know before Friday. Thank you.

Comment

sorry guys it's gone

Comment

Working...
                      X