wheelchair ramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheelchair ramps

i have just received my electric wheelchair and now need ramps so as i can get outside - does anyone know what's the average waiting time for installation please

Hello Jim. The thing about getting equipment and support is that it is very much a postcode lottery. Assuming you have an OT they should be in a position to advise on your local wait time.

Comment

thanks Bowler my OT is on the case with the responsible company but says they are known for their slowness so i just wanted to get a feel for how long it could possibly take

Comment

jim lakin A warm welcome to the forum, Jim, sorry you've had to join us.

You could ask the OT for the loan of a portable ramp, you may get lucky - they're available to buy but are pretty pricey, maybe you'd get a grant from the MNDA. xx
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

if you are eligible for funded ramps hope you don't have to wait too long.

I have a set for sale as we weren't eligible for support. 1700mm long plus square flat surface at top of ramp.

Cost £1300 so any reasonable offer but must collect from Wolverhampton. heavy.
          Attached Files
          Carer for husband diagnosed with ALS April 2021. Hand onset. PEG fed, completely immobile, communicated with eye gaze

Sense of humour intact throughout.

Sadly passed away peacefully 2/9/22

Comment

Like you, I received my powerchair long before I was given a ramp to get it outside.
            I ended up improvising my own out of some reclaimed heavy duty marine plywood.
            WIN_20230124_10_36_08_Pro.jpg
            Not saying it's the most elegant, but I am still using it months later.
            The aluminium ramp I was eventually given travels with us so that I can get into friends' houses.
            Safety disclaimer - this is just to get up a small step in a porch, and not a safe solution for any major obstacle.
            Hi, I'm Eddie.
            Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
            Full time powerchair user. Overnight NIV. PEG'ed but still eating. Voice banked but still talking.
            Still wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Working...
            X