X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Attendance Allowance too.

Comment

Good news John.

My PIP payment day is Wednesday, but oddly the money has not showed up. I am assuming a computer glitch for now.

Comment

I will check out the attendance allowance rules but if it is a means tested benefit I need to see how much money you should have in the bank.
        Best spend a pound or two first

Comment

I don't think it is means tested, I don't remember anything like that. A

Comment

Attendance allowance is paid only to the over 65s so wealth won't matter John but age does. Next year?

John

Comment

Thank you, I will have to wait for four more years so a job to do but not just yet.
              Regards
              John

Comment

Originally posted by Jock View Post
                Good news John.

My PIP payment day is Wednesday, but oddly the money has not showed up. I am assuming a computer glitch for now.
                RBS strike again. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33162855

Comment

I´m still waiting for my PIP to be approved. The nurse who did the assessment told me she would recommend the maximum allowance but who knows. I hope I get the lot as my wife really needs to get carers allowance. She is worn out and that stresses me out seeing her like that.
                  But then I have only been waiting for 4 months so nothing compared to some.

Comment

Can mnda or the hospice get things moving for you?

Comment

Yes Dawn Eckersley will push them along.

Comment

Cont : a full refund when CHC was approved as it always is with MND.

Comment

I have just been awarded full mobility and daily living PIP, I sent in a DS 1500, two actually one from my consultant and one from my GP and my case was expedited and a decision made within a week or so. I'm 65 this month so it is a good job I got my application in when I did as the mobility element is only paid to those under 65. Still as others have said if you have MND the DS1500 is the fast track option to go for. John

Comment

Good result John. Just goes to show how powerful that document is, albeit we still have a problem with some GPs reluctance to issue.

Barry
                            I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

i have just had my pip claim refused , have i filled in my form wrong ? . although i have been diagnosed with mnd i am still able to get about with the use of a stick and can still do everything for myself , but get tired very quickly .
                              when i filled the form in i could see there where no questions as to your future needs ! so fo i wait till i am on my last legs before i claim again ??
                              feeling just a bit let down :-(

Comment

That's not so good Cadbury;

You have to put your worse day down and think of the worse situations. I can be handy getting some one that is used to filling in the forms like someone from the hospice or perhaps your Mnd team.

Love chocolate, Terry
                                TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X