No announcement yet.

Benefits - your views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MNDA website full of info we needed but the disgrace is DWP - PIP applied in June lots of phone calls and majority of staff rude and ignorant!!! November comes assessment in the home and obviously my husband had deterated since June only to be told we have to wait another 6-8 weeks to see if we are eligible for any payment. Anybody who has a terminal illness should be a priority not pushed around the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie View Post
      MNDA website full of info we needed but the disgrace is DWP - PIP applied in June lots of phone calls and majority of staff rude and ignorant!!! November comes assessment in the home and obviously my husband had deterated since June only to be told we have to wait another 6-8 weeks to see if we are eligible for any payment. Anybody who has a terminal illness should be a priority not pushed around the system.
      Queenie, have you got onto your MP about this? It can really help, it did for me xx

Karen

Comment

Steve applied in June. His came through in October with no assessment and backdated to June. Didn't get the full amount has he can still drive and walk. But have to get back to them when things change.

Sue

Comment

Completed survey

Comment

Originally posted by Sueb View Post
            Completed survey
            Thanks Sue.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenaB View Post
              Queenie, have you got onto your MP about this? It can really help, it did for me xx

Karen
              Yes emailed twice no reply it's just a waiting game !!!

Comment

Yes emailed twice no reply it's just a waiting game !!!
                Who is your MP Queenie? Did you email his/her House of Commons address? That's the best place to contact them.
                To email twice and not get a response is appalling. My MP has a team of people that do all the leg work for him and they were very proactive and helped me greatly.

I agree that the DS1500 form is the right way to go and will speed up your claim no end, so push as hard as you can for that.

Karen

Comment

Hi all,

Just 'bumping' this thread so that new members can have a look and take part in the survey.

Thanks,

Andrew

Comment

Completed.

The benefit advisor at my local hospice helped with my PIP application DS1500 and received payment within 2 weeks, seemingly we were blessed compared to what some had to go through.

Comment

Thanks Durwood.

Comment

Finally PIP has been awarded !!! After numerous reports and a DS1500 form and a interview they believed us only took 5 months !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sueb View Post
                          Steve applied in June. His came through in October with no assessment and backdated to June. Didn't get the full amount has he can still drive and walk. But have to get back to them when things change.

Sue
                          Hiya,

Much the same as Sue above, got ours in oct, only part, hubby can still,drive and walk with sticks and braces. Survey completed a while back.

Ta

Comment

Finally PIP has been awarded !!! After numerous reports and a DS1500 form and a interview they believed us only took 5 months !!!
                            I'm so pleased you've finally got it sorted, but you shouldn't have had to have jumped through hoops to get it. I hate the system. Now you've had a DS1500 issued, if you need to claim anything else stand your ground. So unfair if you have to go through this stress again.

Karen xx

Comment

Thank you karen I just think it luck if you get it sorted quick but they should not have questioned it because of the Ds1500 but hey sorted and full amount to with back pay.
                              night walker my husband has a stick and doesn't drive and he has had the full amount and doesn't have to reapply again, worth checking out

Comment

Hi Queenie,
                                Glad you have finally got everything sorted. x

Comment

Working...
                                X