Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hi Barry,

Just a thought, don't know if you have a motorbility car/ wav ,with ours it seems as you go onto PIP you have to set up a new mandate with motorbility ,seems like they are bit behind collecting payments ,it was too much to hope that they would do it .please ignore this post if it's no interest .

Pete

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Pete,

Many thanks for your comments. I am pleased it worked out ok for you. I will try to see my GP next week as I have changed surgery since the previous issue of DS1500 and hopefully she will be sympathetic.

Regards
    Barry

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Barry,

It was the same here, who would have thought that we would outlive the dreaded DS1500, I was lucky ,we have a GP surgery who after a phone call issued a new form ,even posted it to the DWP, in a official envelope that are supplied to the surgery. The PIP began five days later.

Leave a comment:

• Davetherave
    replied
    Hi Barry

Yes, the benefits system in this country is a disgrace, you shouldn't have to do all that just to change over to PIP, it should be transfered automatically! I think your idea of a fast track system for terminal conditions is a great idea. I've even heard of some horror stories about that dreadful company ATOS bringing people in for medical assessments that have MND

All the best

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    A rant from me!
    I am currently on DLA following the issue of my DS1500 earlier this year and I recently received a letter from the DPW asking me to start an application for PIP. My voice is not great on the phone so I tried the text line which did not work. When I rang I spent 40 minutes repeating myself many times and answered lots of questions only to be told at the end that I need to submit a new DS1500 and my payments would stop at the end of December if they had not received it by then. Do these people know how long it takes to get a GP appointment these days?
    I like all of us suffering from this disease think there should be a benefits fast track system for a terminal condition regardless life expectancy averages.
    Rant over and I hope everyone is having a smiley day. Apologies to the non Brits for the acronyms but we know what they mean.
    Barry

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Queenie,
    Glad you have finally got everything sorted. x

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you karen I just think it luck if you get it sorted quick but they should not have questioned it because of the Ds1500 but hey sorted and full amount to with back pay.
    night walker my husband has a stick and doesn't drive and he has had the full amount and doesn't have to reapply again, worth checking out

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Queenie View Post
    Finally PIP has been awarded !!! After numerous reports and a DS1500 form and a interview they believed us only took 5 months !!!
    I'm so pleased you've finally got it sorted, but you shouldn't have had to have jumped through hoops to get it. I hate the system. Now you've had a DS1500 issued, if you need to claim anything else stand your ground. So unfair if you have to go through this stress again.

Karen xx

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Sueb View Post
    Steve applied in June. His came through in October with no assessment and backdated to June. Didn't get the full amount has he can still drive and walk. But have to get back to them when things change.

Sue
    Hiya,

Much the same as Sue above, got ours in oct, only part, hubby can still,drive and walk with sticks and braces. Survey completed a while back.

Ta

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Finally PIP has been awarded !!! After numerous reports and a DS1500 form and a interview they believed us only took 5 months !!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks Durwood.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Completed.

The benefit advisor at my local hospice helped with my PIP application DS1500 and received payment within 2 weeks, seemingly we were blessed compared to what some had to go through.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi all,

Just 'bumping' this thread so that new members can have a look and take part in the survey.

Thanks,

Andrew

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Queenie View Post
    Yes emailed twice no reply it's just a waiting game !!!
    Who is your MP Queenie? Did you email his/her House of Commons address? That's the best place to contact them.
    To email twice and not get a response is appalling. My MP has a team of people that do all the leg work for him and they were very proactive and helped me greatly.

I agree that the DS1500 form is the right way to go and will speed up your claim no end, so push as hard as you can for that.

Karen

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by KarenaB View Post
    Queenie, have you got onto your MP about this? It can really help, it did for me xx

Karen
    Yes emailed twice no reply it's just a waiting game !!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X