• Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I'm not sure cc, I would presume it did x

Leave a comment:

• ccinjersey
    Guest replied
    Well done to your son!

Pink do you know if 'Just Giving' converts US dollars over to your currency ? I looked at the donate page it was all in pounds.

CCxox

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Right that Terry can be very persuasive! Lol! Not expecting donations but would love you lovely people to see the crowdfunding page my son has created. I'm so proud of him xx
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/eleanorkirlew

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Feel a bit cheeky doing that!, Terry !

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    You can post a link to the fund here, Pink;

Someone might well be looking in that might help, every little bit helps.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• ccinjersey
    Guest replied
    That's fantastic ! Sounds like you have a lot of love, and support. I hope the fund continues to grow

xox

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Overwhelmed..... Race night raised nearly £900 and the crowd funding page has reached £600 already. Had a really lovely night. Lots of people turned out for me and caught up with lots of people I haven't seen for a while. One of my son's friends came and told me he'd just organised a charity football match for me! Didn't sleep well, on too much of a high x

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am very lucky. I have two amazing sons. My youngest one (26) is slowly coming to terms with it and very protective My oldest one dean, from the beginning has been a great counsellor and motivator x

Leave a comment:

• Bern
    replied
    What a lovely son you must have! That's wonderful news.
    Good luck!
    Bern x

Leave a comment:

• ccinjersey
    Guest replied
    How Wonderful !

Nothing to be embarrassed about Pink, if we don't help one another who will ? It's in times of need when true friends rise up as they should, and even sometimes from people you would least expect come shining thru

Well done to your son, he sounds like a thoughtful, and loving young man.

CCxox

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Feel overwhelmed today! My amazing son unbeknown to me set up a crowdfunding page to raise money for my adaptations. Feel a bit embarrassed but he can see me worrying about everything. Friends and his friends have started donating already, £170 already since last night! So what with the race night on Friday which has been organised by a friend, I am feeling really lucky to have such support x

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes our mortgage is small compared to the value of our house. It all comes down to income but do not take into account your outgoings! Alfresco toilet ha ha!!

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    It seems strange that you need to release equity yet don't qualify for a grant Pink;

Ask Mnda connect to have a little look at that.

Grants can have so many restrictions and take so long, especially if the wrong time of the year and they have no money.

I guess if you have a small mortgage compared to the house value then you have equity.

Keep us informed.

You have got to laugh, they will pay for a special loo but no where to put it!

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ha ha Terry... Yes lovely new toilet but no walls to put round, what will the neighbours think!!
    We are now thinking of releasing some equity from our property but not sure you can if you still have a mortgage on it? My fantastic mother is also looking into it to give me some of my inheritance now while I need it. Going to get these adaptations done one way or another!

Leave a comment:

• ccinjersey
    Guest replied
    All so very unfair.

If a person in the US is struck with a serious illness and they don't have health insurance they must first go thru all their life savings and even sell their home before qualifying for 'charity care'.

If a person has no health insurance, and no life savings, and basically owns nothing they then would qualify for 'charity care' and would receive the medical care needed for free, but only by doctors accepting charity care, but most do not.

In the US you need and must have health insurance because doing without it could literally cost you your life. Which is why when Obamacare came along so many jumped on it, and lives were saved.

xox

Leave a comment:

Working...
X