No announcement yet.

Life Insurance With MND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This post seems like ages ago, I never did get time to sort out a life insurance or an over 50's plan for Pete.

Comment

I know, Twinkle xx - those posts were not very long ago, in October, but you have been through so much since then. Somehow, the days can seem much longer when we are going through difficult times.

I hope you are getting lots of love and support from family and friends - and it is, of course, always lovely to hear from you on this forum.

Thinking of you.
      Kayleigh xx
      Last edited by Kayleigh; 3 January 2019, 19:46.

Comment

Originally posted by jaffabeach View Post
        Hello there,

Here is a useful link from MSE which explains the pro's and con's and gives some suggested best buys.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/in...ife-insurance/

It might be useful to look for one that pays out after 1 year ( rather than 2 ) depending on your situation.
        Hey Jaffabeach, a really useful link even now. Well done.

Comment

my insurance company is trying not to pay my terminal cover out. worse than VAR

Comment

That's extra stress you just don't need, Will

I was lucky insofar as my policy specified ALS.

Hope they pay out and you don't have to go down the whole appeals route.

Love Ellie.
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Will;

Sorry to hear they playing hard ball.

What company and policy do you have? It's always nice to know who to get insurance with or with-not.

Might be worth contacting the Mnda because they might have someone to help apply some pressure without you doing everything.

Good luck, Terry
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Will View Post
                my insurance company is trying not to pay my terminal cover out. worse than VAR
                Hi there thanks for the post.

There are some situations where terminal illness which is part of a wider life insurance policy may not be paid. Below are some examples that I've come across

If the illness is known about before the policy was taken out and not declared to the the policy company.

if payment is not maintained

if you're nearing the end of the life insurance term the terminal illness element is not available for the last 18 months this is a case in some Aviva policies.(This will depend on your policy)

Of course every case is different my suggestion would be to ask and for the reasons in writing that they give for not initially paying the claim then to make a complaint. If this is unsuccessful complain to the Financial Ombudsman

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org....deal/insurance

I have used this approach in the past and it is useful call them as it is very helpful in organising your complaint approach .

I hope you get on well with this
                Last edited by jaffabeach; 11 December 2019, 20:13.

Comment

Working...
                X